well i gave in!

General Biker Banter
hugeduck

well i gave in!

Post by hugeduck »

last week on the way to work on the storm it felt like i was off roading it was that icy, so i gave in and started looking for a car :thumbdown:

found a nice bmw e36 318is in a garage for 700 quid, but they obviously didnt want to sell me it becuase when i went to pay the deposit over the phone the owner sons couldnt be asked to get someone who knew how to use the machine :roll: so i decided to take my pennys elsewhere, and this lovely battle bus turned up on ebay. its a 2.3 lite TUUUURBO saab 9000, its got 120k on the clock, heated leather, climate control the fooking works, bid 350 quid and i actualy won it!!! its got a low pressure turbo so still gets 35 MPG! factory figures state it had 175BHP so overtaking is still sorta fun (but warmer) and now my storm is wrapped up for the winter. going to start to half strip it down to polish it all up ready for this monopoly ride out next year ooooooohhhh yeh!

and i had such high hopes for riding through the winter :lol: and i pussied out after 1 week haha.
lloydie

Re: well i gave in!

Post by lloydie »

well done on the car :thumbup:
at work this morning in the van driving down the lanes sorry ice roads no no black ice death roads i seen a guy on a r6 8O
i felt so sorry for him having to ride in these condition , how he stayed on the bike i dont know as i was sliding everywhere .

heated seats and climate control cant beat it :thumbup:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I ride all year round.

This weather sorts the men from the boys.

:lol:
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

StormingHonda wrote:I ride all year round.

This weather sorts the men from the boys.

:lol:

anyone one can be cold lol. nah ive done a couple of winters on the bike (back when i couldnt afford to insure a car and a bike) but i have to leave at half six in the morning so it would be pretty retarded for me to ride to work. if i had a shitter that i didnt care about sappose it wouldnt be that bad, but if i dropped my storm i would be pretty devastated TBH
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i did 3 or 5 winters never again ,, im a summer softy now :oops:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

hahahah :thumbup: i think i had the best excuse though!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
gafr

Post by gafr »

done winters for over 30 years, still get cold and wet.
dont matter how much you spend on waterproofs, all the b8stard leak if its raining hard and long enough.
had a few spills on the ice, broken ankles usually, hard to walk on but as a security officer i have no choice.
dont have a car licence, dont want a car licence..... put up with all sorts of weather.
stop moaning and get out in it!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

gafr wrote:done winters for over 30 years, still get cold and wet.
dont matter how much you spend on waterproofs, all the b8stard leak if its raining hard and long enough.
had a few spills on the ice, broken ankles usually, hard to walk on but as a security officer i have no choice.
dont have a car licence, dont want a car licence..... put up with all sorts of weather.
stop moaning and get out in it!!!
I dont bother with waterproofs you still get cold water running down the crack of your ass :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Went to a wedding reception yesterday down in Kent and when I woke up this morning there was an inch of snow on the bike 8O I then had to ride all the way home back up the A2 to London and it was proper cold. By the time I got back my bladder was busting at the seems :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

the ice is bad enough but i find the worst thing is what the cars kick up on my visor, its wet enough to stick but not wet enough to wipe off and at night this is dangerous :thumbdown:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I know what you mean. It's double bad for me because I wear glasses as well, so they get crap on them when I lift my visor for better viz plus I get misting misting problems. The thing is riding a motorcycle there is always going to be a risk element, but riding along motorways when it's dark and maybe icy conditions or left over slush, shivering body etc, it's a bit like riding blind, just hold onto the bars and aim in the direction one wants go in :lol: It does play on my mind a bit because all it takes is a little Black ice or left over diesel spill or something and the thought of coming off at motorway speeds doesn't really appeal to me, but I still go and and take the risk as it's my only transport. There is only so much one can see sometimes so a lot of it is just having a bit of faith in ones ability and luck.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside