aftermarket filters

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: aftermarket filters

Post by VTRDark »

it looks like the is almost below the height of the float bowl. I think that will still be OK as long as the height of fuel in the tank is above the float bowl, but you might need to check.
If it was gravity fed that would make sense but because it's vacuum fed I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:
it looks like the is almost below the height of the float bowl. I think that will still be OK as long as the height of fuel in the tank is above the float bowl, but you might need to check.
If it was gravity fed that would make sense but because it's vacuum fed I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

Carl, not sure I understand that question. ???

the float bowls are gravity fed, the vac only works the tap, no vacuum in the float bowl as its vented...........but the more I think about it it will work fine as it is only the same as one of the pipes from the tank to the carb dipping below the height of the float bowl, and that would be no problem as the head of pressure comes from the difference in height between the fuel level in the tank and the float bowl needle postion.
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

the float bowls are gravity fed, the vac only works the tap
I didn't realise that. I thought the whole thing was vacuum fed into the carbs but obviously the amount allowed in would be from the float level/needle height.

So let me get this right, the only reason for the vacuum is to draw the fuel out the tank through the tap, then once the fuel is in the fuel lines just falls into the carb and into the float bowl as the float level drops and allows more in.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote: So let me get this right, the only reason for the vacuum is to draw the fuel out the tank through the tap, then once the fuel is in the fuel lines just falls into the carb and into the float bowl as the float level drops and allows more in.

yes that is how it works :thumbup:

the vacuum acts on a diaphram which opens the valve in the fuel tap, then gravity lets it flow out
AMcQ
IED

Post by IED »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nice engineering work, but I had 2 thoughts [which is 2 more than normal! :lol: ]

1) why do you need a fuel tap anyway? if you want to take the tank off you will still have to clamp the pipe from the tank to the new subchamber, I assume it is only there to stop any risk of the float bowls leaking.
I would have just been tempted to run a single pipe from the tank with an inline filter to a T-piece and then feed that to the carbs

2) it looks like the is almost below the height of the float bowl. I think that will still be OK as long as the height of fuel in the tank is above the float bowl, but you might need to check.
Couple of good points there mate.

1) I brought the VTR tank and I'd be dammed if I wasnt going to use the tap, lol. perhaps I got so caught up in making it work I didnt see the obvious.

2) I dont know if it will work mate, I'm making it all up as I go along :thumbup:

Thanks for the interest mate.
IED

Post by IED »

Today I went to my mate Rods house to borrow some time on his lathe. I want to make the nipples the hose will connect my tank to my chamber with.

Istarted with 12mm round bar, then faced the end and drilled a pilot hole in the end to hold the work centered.

Next I turned the bar down to 10mm dia.

the profiled it

once that was done I drilled a 7mm hole through the center

now I just need to make another one

I spent the rest of the day helping Rod remove the engine from his racing sidecar unit as it needs an engine rebuild after every 5 hours of racing.

When I got home I drilled out the fuel tap chamber to bronze weld the nipple to.

I'll drill the tank tomorrow.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A VFR fuel pump will guarantee you have good fuel pressure all the time.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Sorry i don't like that rear set unit at all

Seen it on the facebook streetfighter page

Rest of it looks smart tho, But them spikes make it look half done and very "yank"
This just how i see it.

On the up note what's that visor like? my one is wombles on my super bandit I'll trade mine and some cash :mrgreen:
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice work..............any more pictures of the suzuki x7 with the USD front end that is in the background of the sidecar photo?
AMcQ
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

very nice work, keep up with more pictures/video's
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I prefer the original, that just don't have the right vibe, especially when the rap started, that's just an insult to Jim Morrison. Saying that though I can see a lot of youngsters enjoying it.

:beer:

IED

Post by IED »

thumperslaw wrote:Sorry i don't like that rear set unit at all

Seen it on the facebook streetfighter page

Rest of it looks smart tho, But them spikes make it look half done and very "yank"
This just how i see it.

On the up note what's that visor like? my one is wombles on my super bandit I'll trade mine and some cash :mrgreen:
Its not even half done yet mate, and i dont expect everone to like it, we all like different things, and thats why streetfighting is so diverse. Thank god it is too, or we would all end up with the same bike, lol.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Somebody slip rob... some sedatives quick, they mentioned the S word!!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
IED

Post by IED »

Reached a milestone today, the Necromorph is now on its own two wheels

I've got it leaning slightly to get the correct angle to weld on the CBR600 side stand bracket.

I think I might add some more tube to the frame to beef it up a bit, not coz I think it needs more strength, but it looks a bit empty.