tl1000r's?

General Biker Banter
paddy_skipton

tl1000r's?

Post by paddy_skipton »

just wondering if anyone here has ridden one of the beasts?
how do they compare to the storms?
i've heard theyre not as forgiving but a damn good bike
kiwi_vtr

Re: tl1000r's?

Post by kiwi_vtr »

Early ones are far more powerful than the storm and less forgiving, later models have less power but out handle the storm, but have weaker brakes.
From a pure fun point of view the storm is the better option, easier to ride, more forgiving and almost the same fuel economy (when ridden normally).
In fact I rode my mates TL1000R today, I came back with a silly grin on my face, but was happy to get back on the storm again.

Scott.
paddy_skipton wrote:just wondering if anyone here has ridden one of the beasts?
how do they compare to the storms?
i've heard theyre not as forgiving but a damn good bike
teagie

hmmz

Post by teagie »

tlr may be a fine bike. i owned a tls till the frame snapped also be ware the gearbox is naff u will spend more time fixing than u will riding it at some seriously expensive cost . saying that the tls is gr8 fun a right handfull experenced riders only i would say :) iam sure the tlr uses the same engine tunned a bit differnet if u buy anything with over 15.000 on the clock ride it . put it in third gear hold it steady at 3000 rpm if it has a slight whine dont touch it ne way good luck
bikes beer beer bikes in ne order . my past machines kmx 125 nc 24 vfr750f cb500 cb600 hornet tl1000 (97) bmw f650f bmwf650cs fzr1000 exup tl1000 (99) vtr firestorm (97)
Robbe

Post by Robbe »

My mate had a TLR many many many moons ago. Was a crash damaged bike, bloke lent to his mate, who parked it in a ditch!
500 miles on the clock.
Interesting to note that panels were cheaper from Suzuki than from breakers. Battery cost around £100 if i remember.
He did it up and kept it for all of 3 weeks, couldnt get the suspension right with the rotary damper, so traded it for a Blade!
Took the dealer over 6 months to shift the TLR

Robb
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i nealy bought a TLR instead of the storm... the only thing that put me off was the insurance, (oh, and the strange looking rear end).

otherwise - quick as you like..... :twisted: