Religion ??

General Biker Banter
MJONESY

Re: Religion ??

Post by MJONESY »

I put religion in the hobby category to be honest, religious nuts may think people who clad themselves in leather and proceed to spend their sunday hooning around the country side on their shiny two wheeled death traps are plainly crazy, delusional, and selfish. They may think people who find they cant get through their days without mind altering drugs are also crazy, delusional, and selfish. I think the majority of devout christians are crazy, delusional, and selfish as are most other religious nuts in my very limited experience. Yet if it helps them make it through the day and allows them to sleep easy in their beds and they don't infringe on my life to much then i say go for it, what ever floats your boat and all that.

The only thing we can all be sure of is being wombles by govt from birth to death, if religion is your choice of lube then good luck to you :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MJONESY wrote:I put religion in the hobby category to be honest, religious nuts may think people who clad themselves in leather and proceed to spend their sunday hooning around the country side on their shiny two wheeled death traps are plainly crazy, delusional, and selfish. They may think people who find they cant get through their days without mind altering drugs are also crazy, delusional, and selfish. I think the majority of devout christians are crazy, delusional, and selfish as are most other religious nuts in my very limited experience. Yet if it helps them make it through the day and allows them to sleep easy in their beds and they don't infringe on my life to much then i say go for it, what ever floats your boat and all that.

The only thing we can all be sure of is being wombles by govt from birth to death, if religion is your choice of lube then good luck to you :thumbup:
Hark the words of the new Messiah!!!! I like that :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Rob

Post by Rob »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i thought friends came before the big bang, god knows what the next hit american comedy series will be :roll: , as for religon, its all a pile of poo, control the mass's and what not.
i'd like to believe i'll meet my dad and friends and family who have died before me, but in reality i'll just no longer exist, end of, thanks for coming, so lets make the most of the one life we have.....with some of the following... :beer: :Bike: :boobs: :sheep shagger: :wonker: :beer: :beer: :beer:
:sick:
Foreplay comes before the Big Bang. Kids come after the Big Bang. :lol:

I'm pretty much an Anti-theist. Saying that I do like Churches, amazing bits of architecture. Shame they are generally inhabited by hypocritic paedophiles. Oops did I say that out loud.... :angel:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I'm a happy heathen but now and then I get very religious. A few examples. Taking a corner too hot and when cars pull out. I get very religious there. "omg omg omg"
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

pinkyfloyd wrote:I'm a happy heathen but now and then I get very religious. A few examples. Taking a corner too hot and when cars pull out. I get very religious there. "omg omg omg"
Yes, that's true. I often explete something totally at odds with my preferences, which are 100% female, looks help as well, by uttering "wombles jeeezus" - perhaps I,d best see someone.

BTW Lee - why did you start this? Didn't out say you'd enlighten us? Have you had a second coming and getting wires crossed :oops: :wink:
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

BigVeeGrin wrote:
pinkyfloyd wrote:I'm a happy heathen but now and then I get very religious. A few examples. Taking a corner too hot and when cars pull out. I get very religious there. "omg omg omg"
Yes, that's true. I often explete something totally at odds with my preferences, which are 100% female, looks help as well, by uttering "ferking jeeezus" - perhaps I,d best see someone.

BTW Lee - why did you start this? Didn't out say you'd enlighten us? Have you had a second coming and getting wires crossed :oops: :wink:
I just wondered if I one of the few, or one of the many. Athiest, and proud !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

What i could never understand, is why worship a dead bloke who apparently, before he died had powers of life and death, multiplying food stuff, curing illness, alchohol manufacture, and other stuff which makes paul daniels look a bit crap. :whatever
Why not worship (if you really really have to) the Sun or the ground, or water, it gives life and dosent threaten you with eternal damnation, no i think i will stick to bike worship, well, after the wife of course
Chop

Post by Chop »

My thoughts,

Religion creates a sense of community, a community will look out for each other, If this is the case i for one am all for it.If that community worships a God that preaches tolerance, forgiveness and charity, how can that be a bad thing?
People have stopped going to church on a Sunday and as a consequence all sense of community has gradually disappeared.
Also the people in places of trust in the church have let us down in so many ways that we now no longer trust them.
Whether or not there is or isn't a God is of no real importance, we all just need a sense of belonging a sense of community and family.

My old Mum had a very good view on life " do unto others as you would have done to yourself"
It would seem to me that this is a good way to live our lives, and i try to. perhaps if we all did we wouldn't need religion.

Over and out :silent:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

[quote"]My thoughts,

this forum creates a sense of community, a community will look out for each other, If this is the case i for one am all for it.If that community worships a God that enlighten us to mods, banter and charity, how can that be a bad thing?
People have stopped going to church on a Sunday and as a consequence all the fair weather biker fill the roads doing 10mph.

Whether or not there is or isn't a God is of no real importance, we all just need a sense of belonging a sense of community and family.

My old Mum had a very good view on life " do for others as you would have do for yourself"
It would seem to me that this is a good way to live our lives, and i try to. perhaps if we all did we wouldn't need fuel stops .

[/quote]

hope you don't mind i changed it a little :oops:
i do think community spirit is very important :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Lloydie .... You young philosopher :lol:
AMcQ
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

a wee dram on Lloydie then if he's that spirit minded for us all :drunk:
Chop

Post by Chop »

hope you don't mind i changed it a little
So much better mate.

made me laugh :thumbup: :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

People have stopped going to church on a Sunday and as a consequence all sense of community has gradually disappeared.
And there was me thinking community disappeared when woman started going to work rather than looking after the home and family while the men where hard at work earning the bread and butter :roll: Nowadays everyone is so busy working they don't get to spend time getting to know the neighbours and community.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

lloydecbr.........that reply of yours is a generic reply from a sh1t christian website
quote"]My thoughts,

this forum creates a sense of community, a community will look out for each other, If this is the case i for one am all for it.If that community worships a God that enlighten us to mods, banter and charity, how can that be a bad thing?
People have stopped going to church on a Sunday and as a consequence all the fair weather biker fill the roads doing 10mph.

My old Mum had a very good view on life " do for others as you would have do for yourself"
It would seem to me that this is a good way to live our lives, and i try to. perhaps if we all did we wouldn't need fuel stops .

[/quote]
Total wombles wombles .Plese reply.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

wombles wit I can live with
But I ain't no Christian !