System Mechanic

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
pariah

System Mechanic

Post by pariah »

any one surgest which on to use. Does any one use a software program like this that they could surgest.

:D
SlingVTR

Re: System Mechanic

Post by SlingVTR »

I use Spotmau Registry Cleaner, sems to keep everything clean and tidy, just like a good woman... :eek2
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I use CCleaner or crap cleaner as it used to be called, does what it says on the tin. Cleans out useless files tidies the registry and will also stop stuff loading on startup you dont want.

A friend has a Dell laptop that was causing grief, he got onto Dell who told him to use this, and hey presto!
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

CC Cleaner...? Wow! Just ran it on my machine and it is sooo much quicker! Thanks for that m8!

:beer:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Been running CC cleaner for years, one of the best freebies out there.
That and a regular defrag afterwards does the job.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:Been running CC cleaner for years, one of the best freebies out there.
agree, very good app.
also usefull after deleting stuff, use the 'wipe free space' feature - takes a while but does like a 10x sweep so there are no traces of unwanted files, handy after clearing a virus out or pron lol.
i also use Revo Uninstaller which is another very good free fast app for removing unwanted programs, removing duplicate files after updating stuff and installing software.
as well as that it's the only way i found of removing some annoying windows components that are hard to remove, like windows movie maker (if you don't use it)
it also has a very good registry cleaner and organiser.

i use that in conjunction with C Cleaner.

for getting rid of spyware and viruses, trojans etc, the best (without a shadow of a doubt) free app on the net is Malwarebytes - very good indeed.
in the past ive had troublesome trojans, bho's etc and nothing would clear them out apart from malwarebytes.
best thing is, it doesn't run it the background & hog resources like norton, avg etc...

try it, if you don't like it you can have your money back
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Wot Benny says also for the defrag "Defraggler" made by the CCleaner people works better than windows own jobby and its faster!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

tony.mon wrote:Been running CC cleaner for years, one of the best freebies out there.
just done this on the missus laptop (how come the kids and her have one and i hot lap ?) and have scored massive brownie points.
:thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, until she spots that you've also wiped all of her bookmarks, form auto-completes and search history :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

tony.mon wrote:Yeah, until she spots that you've also wiped all of her bookmarks, form auto-completes and search history :lol:
told her she must have downloaded a virus so I had to clear it allup - back to hero :D
pariah

Post by pariah »

Dont know if any one uses this (ADVANCE SYSTEM CARE ).

I downloaded it free today and it works a treat.. cleans up fixes up and deos loads more if you want. Noticed the difference on my machine, seems so much quicker now. :D
I dowloaded it from CNET.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

cc cleaner is good.Be wary of free programmes that want you to try it free, them says you need to buy something, or running anti-virus programmes which may be a source of viruses and malware themselves.The button that says "please fix my computer" may actually mead"yes disable my firewall and infect me please" A good site for free stuff is PC-hell.com.