EEC Rules & Regulations Gone Mad

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

EEC Rules & Regulations Gone Mad

Post by VTRDark »

Here's the latest. The EEC have banned the use of using old jam jars being re-used. So basically what they are saying is that if your grandmother gets caught selling her lovely home made jam in old jam jars at the local church fund-raiser, she could be fined up to £5000. And for all mothers out there that have taken their mothers old Jam recipe that has been passed down through the family, and are selling their jam at their kids school fete or village fair, then they need to watch their backs too. There could be some government official nosing around ready to give you a £5000 fine.

This is totally bonkers, where do they think all the jars in the supermarkets come from. It's all re-cycled 2nd hand re used glass. I am sick of hearing all this crap from the EEC, it's madness. How long before they say we cannot use old bottles for making our home brews!

Your thought on this and all EEC rules.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
geodude

Re: EEC Rules & Regulations Gone Mad

Post by geodude »

cybercarl wrote:Here's the latest. The EEC have banned the use of using old jam jars being re-used. So basically what they are saying is that if your grandmother gets caught selling her lovely home made jam in old jam jars at the local church fund-raiser, she could be fined up to £5000. And for all mothers out there that have taken their mothers old Jam recipe that has been passed down through the family, and are selling their jam at their kids school fete or village fair, then they need to watch their backs too. There could be some government official nosing around ready to give you a £5000 fine.

This is totally bonkers, where do they think all the jars in the supermarkets come from. It's all re-cycled 2nd hand re used glass. I am sick of hearing all this crap from the EEC, it's madness. How long before they say we cannot use old bottles for making our home brews!

Your thought on this and all EEC rules.

link?
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
lanny

Post by lanny »

B*****ks to em, If a jobs worth turns up tell em they are not jam jars they are food containers, if that's wrong tell em to go and tell that to Tupperware, they might have something top say about reusable food containers. :roll:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I heard about it on the BBC news this morning. Here's some links.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19810698

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rules.html

denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

The most annoying thing is that NOBODY voted any of these fiddler in who make up these regs. It's just some horrible little oik sitting in an office thinking to themslves, HOW CAN I FUKC UP SOMEBODY'S DAY. A total waste of tax payers money. :crazy: :evil:
GAS GRASS OR ASS NOBODY RIDES FREE
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The most annoying thing is that NOBODY voted any of these fiddler in
Yep, I have never let that one go or forgotten that we never got our referendum on it. :twisted: It really annoyed me that the gov wormed their way out of that and hung it out so the time limit ran out, and then they joined anyway. So as far as I'm concerned I believe technically anything they introduce is not legal.

Where I am unsure (as it was before my time) is the legalities with how much interference is allowed from back when we became a part of NATO, as Europe has a certain amount of control from that side of things. There maybe loopholes from that which allow them to get away with what they are doing now. That was a part of becoming a part of Europe and join forces! Admittedly it was more to do with warfare, but like I say there could be loopholes.

The whole euro thing stinks :evil: everything they do just seems like a way for them to put restrictions on us which when broken will earn them money. We could call it comercial warfare. :roll:

bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

It will go mad to a point that you will not be able to sell your firestorm as it will be secondhand.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Or it's got so many mods it's not road legal anymore. :eek2

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ok, motorcycles, jam. you do the work.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

you do the work
Maybe this is what they are trying to do, stop us doing any work of our own. So all funds get spent on companies and we can all sit on our arses talking sh1t all day long to make the EEC feel more normal.

MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/f ... tlers.html
read of that what you will some of it seems to have an element of truth some of it baldrocks but interesting all the same :thumbup: