Tattooing

General Biker Banter
rob...

Re: Tattooing

Post by rob... »

StormingHonda wrote:
I'm going to start with tattoo canvas then pork skin before I touch anyone.
waste of time. nothing like real skin. start on yourself. thighs, arms, anywhere you can get at.
i was taught to tattoo by the late Cockney Paul many years ago, tho now i'm a 'lapsed' artist and body piercer, not having done either for a few years now, i have experience.... there's more to it that just watching a few you-tube vids...... you need to spend a LOT of time with someone who knows what they're doing, and then they need to spend a lot of time with you, once you start...
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
rob...

Post by rob... »

Murv wrote:I'm with Rob, I don't think home tattooing is a great idea.
There's a lot to learn about blood borne pathogens etc, a proper autoclave is about the only way of dealing with those and even then they need regular spore testing to ensure that they're working.
With all that on top of preparing a properly sterile work area I think it would get very expensive.
you'll need bascally a full on wet room, wipe clean floors, tiled floor to ceiling, stainless work surfaces, autoclave, ultrasonic cleaner, dentists chair etc, etc, etc...
register with the local authorities... if you're serious and gonna do it properly, fair play. but if you're gonna be sitting round your kitchen table tattooing your mates for beer money, then posting on here about it, you can expect loadsa sh1t from me....

i look forward to your first attempts at a straight line, LOL!!! :wink: :lol:
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

rob... wrote: waste of time. nothing like real skin. start on yourself. thighs, arms, anywhere you can get at.
i was taught to tattoo by the late Cockney Paul many years ago, tho now i'm a 'lapsed' artist and body piercer, not having done either for a few years now, i have experience.... there's more to it that just watching a few you-tube vids...... you need to spend a LOT of time with someone who knows what they're doing, and then they need to spend a lot of time with you, once you start...
Well, we all gotta start somewhere and even if I just tattoo a pigs skin, then its better than having a go at nothing, I would love to go and spend time with a tattooist and learn the " art " but I can't and no tattooist is going to accept me turning up every other Saturday are they. Not all " legal " tattooist are all that good to be honest.
rob... wrote: you'll need bascally a full on wet room, wipe clean floors, tiled floor to ceiling, stainless work surfaces, autoclave, ultrasonic cleaner, dentists chair etc, etc, etc...
register with the local authorities... if you're serious and gonna do it properly, fair play. but if you're gonna be sitting round your kitchen table tattooing your mates for beer money, then posting on here about it, you can expect loadsa sh1t from me....

i look forward to your first attempts at a straight line, LOL!!! :wink: :lol:
I've been to tattoo artist who are legal and registered and they dont have half the stuff that you list, I dont intend to turn it into a bussiness or make money from it.

And a lot of tattooist do come across as holier than, I know better than everyone else.

Its not going to be a sideline bussiness, however I will take the medical and sterilisation side of it VERY seriously, I'm not intending to line up punters either.

And for a straight line, well I suppoe this all comes with practice doesnt it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

rob... wrote:but if you're gonna be sitting round your kitchen table tattooing your mates for beer money, then posting on here about it, you can expect loadsa sh1t from me....:

so best avoid a home tattoo of a streetfighter, that might make Rob very very angry :lol:
AMcQ
gilson

Post by gilson »

Rohypnol mate, tattoo away without consequence.
No bike (yet).
rob...

Post by rob... »

StormingHonda wrote:
Well, we all gotta start somewhere and even if I just tattoo a pigs skin, then its better than having a go at nothing,
no m8, thats what i'm saying, practice on yourself..... pig skin/fake skin would be like taking a 70's chop to a track day, sure, you'd get round the track, eventually, but would you learn anything from it? probably not, not much anyway.
StormingHonda wrote: I would love to go and spend time with a tattooist and learn the " art " but I can't and no tattooist is going to accept me turning up every other Saturday are they.
in a word, no. :wink:
StormingHonda wrote: Not all " legal " tattooist are all that good to be honest.
i agree with that.

StormingHonda wrote:I've been to tattoo artist who are legal and registered and they dont have half the stuff that you list,
well they should, that's the minimum, really.
StormingHonda wrote:Its not going to be a sideline bussiness, however I will take the medical and sterilisation side of it VERY seriously, I'm not intending to line up punters either. I dont intend to turn it into a bussiness or make money from it.
hobby then?
StormingHonda wrote:And for a straight line, well I suppoe this all comes with practice doesnt it.
indeed, but on yourself, not on a pig or your mates...

don't mean to give you a hard time, but if you'd seen some of the shite churned out by people who buy a kit on e-bay that i've seen....

try one of these!! :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Squiggle-Wigg ... 35bdafa5ef
rob...

Post by rob... »

AMCQ46 wrote:
rob... wrote:but if you're gonna be sitting round your kitchen table tattooing your mates for beer money, then posting on here about it, you can expect loadsa sh1t from me....:

so best avoid a home tattoo of a streetfighter, that might make Rob very very angry :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Rant1:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you're going to try to tattoo a pig, can you please get someone to video it?

That should be worth a watch.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
rob...

Post by rob... »

tony.mon wrote:If you're going to try to tattoo a pig, can you please get someone to video it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ging500

Post by ging500 »

tony.mon wrote:If you're going to try to tattoo a pig, can you please get someone to video it?

I wouldnt suggest videoing the process, you might get into trouble with the RSPCC for animal cruelty. Also the pig squealing so much would put ya off bacon sandwichs !! :lol: :D :lol:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

rob... wrote:no m8, thats what i'm saying, practice on yourself..... pig skin/fake skin would be like taking a 70's chop to a track day, sure, you'd get round the track, eventually, but would you learn anything from it? probably not, not much anyway.
I know what you saying, but its a start, I might tattoo something on my leg, but the rest of me is covered with alien tats.

rob... wrote:in a word, no. :wink:
so, I'm going to learn the hard way :)
rob... wrote:well they should, that's the minimum, really.
Don't worry I wasn't planning to tattoo my mate in the toilete with condiments and a bottle of vodka on the side.
rob... wrote: hobby then?
In a nut shell yeah, funnily I used to pierce my mates when they feel asleep drunk in the past. :lol: I had it done to me 8 times.

rob... wrote: indeed, but on yourself, not on a pig or your mates...
Indeed, the pig skins/practice skin is just to get used to holding the gun and to get a feel for it.
rob... wrote:don't mean to give you a hard time, but if you'd seen some of the shite churned out by people who buy a kit on e-bay that i've seen....

try one of these!! :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Squiggle-Wigg ... 35bdafa5ef
I can imagine some of the nasty crap you have had to repair from back street tattooists, I personally take pride in things I do, and try my best to do it to the book.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Not before I shave the dog and turn him in a walking poster.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Not before I shave the dog and turn him in a walking poster.
You could always use the Cat instead. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside