Poor Condition

General Bike chat
Stratman

Re: Poor Condition

Post by Stratman »

StormingHonda wrote:Some people have good experiences with mechanics some bad, but you asked him to repair your engine and give it back to you in full working order, this obviously is not what has happened, and to be honest, I would be saying this to him " I paid you enough money to buy a replacement Firestorm to fix the engine and give it back in working order, you have failed to do this, I want you to take the bike back at your cost, and to return it to me in a reasonable amount of time at your cost " he will not agree to this, so take him to the small cliams court, I'm sure you will win and then they will refer it to a higher to and get your money returned.

I rekon he cant fix the engine and doesnt know whats going on with it hence the amount of dyno runs.

Go and see Citizens and then a solictor and trading standards.

As for the too old/messy/rusty excuse, I had that off of Johns of Romford, they said to me they wouldnt work on bikes over 10 years old, I said I wouldnt let you lot within a mile of my bike.

Despite what some people say they bloke sounds like a w****r.
I really don't think that he "doesn't know how to fix a VTR engine " :roll:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

pariah

Post by pariah »

This is why I did not mention any names in the first place. I just wanted other VTR owners opinions of what had happened to me and what they would do or reccommend if it was them in my shoes right now.
As it's been pointed out, I could have bought another complete storm for the money I paid out, but she s my pride and joy and gives me the buzz every time I used to strike her up and go for a ride. But now shes just fit for breaking minus the engine . :( :( :(

I,m an easy going chap and would love this to be sorted out.

The whole thread is about what not who .
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Are there any members close to Worcester who could have a listen to this engine etc? I'm in Norfolk, so that precludes me!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

pariah

Post by pariah »

Honestly the engine is F****d, you can tell when it's started. I was asked not to fire it back up again. I should have done a video of it so people could hear what I was talking about. :think:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Stratman wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
Despite what some people say they bloke sounds like a w****r.
I really don't think that he "doesn't know how to fix a VTR engine " :roll:
Obviously couldnt fix this one could he :lol:

I build engines and used to strip down and repair engines, its really not that hard to find a fault within an engine, and if he was as good as people rekon, he should have been able to tell him what was what before he even took a spanner to it, or even an estimation of problem and how much it may cost.

The issue I got is that the guy took his bike, took his money and gave him back something below standards that cannot be ridden. Sorry if he was a so called expert one of two things should have happend 1. The guy should tell him that the engine is beyond economical repair and not charged him £1600 ( the price of another storm ) or 2. Gave the bike back with an engine in full working order.

The least he can do to make this right, is to take the bike back and repair the engine at his cost, or source another engine and fit it for him and coming to an agreement with the price of the engine.

I know shops have to make a profit, but on some ocassions they have to go the extra mile to make it right.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Can't argue with your logic Storming.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

Taking money for this sort of work is sticking your neck out by both parties but if they are daft enough to do it then they should be responsible for any damage done while in their possession.They have messed up on so many levels and should not have took on a bike of this condition which tells me they are dishonest bumbling Aholes.
Tricky to get justice.
I must add that if I had done the job (mechanics I have sh1t 'em)I would assume that you are no expert and would have properly assessed the job before I started it and no way on my honour could return a bike that was not done perfectly.Personally I would struggle to take money for doing what is a life's passion so whoever does should be bloody good at it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

what are the odds on something going wrong with the engine between leaving the garage and it being started and run for 30 miles?
surely if the engine had a full rebuild everything should have been checked and double checked, what could have possibly failed in the period which couldn't have been seen by the mechanic????
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Out of curiosity who delivered the bike back to you. Was it Roger himself or someone else. And was it ridden or on a trailer or something?

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
pariah

Post by pariah »

BSm, It's done the 30 miles while away for repairs. I have not used it at all, only started it up. I would assume the mileage has come from the 20 dyno runs.

I had the same chap who picked up my partners hornet, straps it down really well with a bar across the vehicle body so its kept upright.
This guy was so genuine, he paid the guy for the hornet in cash when picking it up and I gave him it back when he dropped it off.
He' a real nice lad and I would certainly reccommend his services to any one that wants bike moving around .
Rob

Post by Rob »

The whole thing doesn't make any sense to me :confused

pariah what did you send the bike to Revolution for?

Was it for a specific job or for investigation of a problem? From reading I assume it was a problem, what did you think the problem was?

Just interested in a little background information,
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

i guess you need to know exactly what is wrong with it now ( not just that it,s f****d ) you also need to know in precise detail what the mechanic did . (what cant you do for £1,400 to a standard engine?) also what was the reason/symptoms that caused you to take it in for work in the first place.

if some one takes money off you for professional services there are standards that they have to live up to

it does not sound as if you have been treated very well over all this

:confused
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Rob wrote:The whole thing doesn't make any sense to me :confused

Was it for a specific job or for investigation of a problem? From reading I assume it was a problem, what did you think the problem was?

i think you wrote that while i was writing my post !!
great minds think alike :lol:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

I would have thought this Roger bloke, being as he's a supposed expert on VTR's, would be a member of this forum ?????

I would be if in his line of work .
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Rob

Post by Rob »

lumpyv wrote:
Rob wrote:The whole thing doesn't make any sense to me :confused

i think you wrote that while i was writing my post !!
great minds think alike :lol:
That' why I'm a bit confused. Know nothing about Revolution but from posts here Roger has a good reputation.

I'm not saying he hasn't f*ed up but I can't understand why he wouldn't put it right, you can lose a reputation that has taken years to get very quickly and some of the quotes attributed to him here are ludicrous.

Than again maybe he thinks his reputation is so good he can't be bothered with us normal folk and he can fob us off thinking that everyone will take his side because he knows what he's doing.

I'm intrigued and amazed that anyone would treat a customer like this.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.