considering selling the bike :-/

General Bike chat
MJONESY

considering selling the bike :-/

Post by MJONESY »

Been thinking for a while now about selling the bike, since i got it in febuary i have only managed to clock up about 600 miles on it, that works out at over £2 a mile without taking fuel into account, I just dont seem to be able to find the time or inclination to use it, the insurance run out last week and i haven't renewed it or bothered to look properly for quotes, the last time it turned a wheel was the op storm meet in may, i go out to the garage once a week fire it up run it for 10 mins and thats about all the action it sees these days. in a bit of a predicament because i fancy a new car so the extra i would get in off the bike would help out with that. so would any of you guys sell up if you had lost heart and time to use it?

And just out of interest what do you guys think its worth? 2003 on 52 plate, 45k miles mot till febuary, standard cans, (would either sell the high levels separately or keep them till i decide to buy another) pretty clean (few marks as to be expected) could do with the seat recovering, hugger, pyramid lowers, crash posts, Powerbronze screen, im the third owner, cant think of anything else for the minute.
lloydie

Re: considering selling the bike :-/

Post by lloydie »

I'll give you £50 for it as its blue lol

If I loose interest in mine I will just store it away as I know I will come back to it one day .
It seams you can live without it so if it suits your needs to sell then go for it .
And when the day comes you want an other one buy a black one (their faster )
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sorry to hear your thinking of selling your bike fella, the only thing that might effect the price is the mileage, its gotta be above the £2000 mark for no other reason than its the best colour... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

I`m with Lloydie on this one.......tuck it away at the back of the garage and when the sun finally decides to shine you will be glad you kept hold of it. :D
Don`t think what you can get for it now but think how much you would have to pay to find one in as good condition in the future...... :wink:
And you know it doesn`t ALWAYS rain in Borth 8)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You gotta do what you need to do mate, and I can see the temptation to release some cash. The only problem when selling is the advantage when buying, low residuals. I bought mine in Feb 2011 and it cost me £2080, ridiculous for a 12,000 2003 53 standard bike. I won't sell mine now but as I said I can understand the temptation. Good luck mate, but I have to say I hope you decide against selling.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's a difficult one, If it was me I would get back out and ride it, regain the time and inclination to use it, double check with yourself whether your making the right decision or not. The weather we have had this so called summer hasn't helped.
I'm shocked yours has done so many miles, that will reduce the selling price and if you sell it but later decide you want another or miss it, it's not easy to find a later model storm. I suppose it all boils down to your circumstances whether you can afford to keep it and get a new car. Whatever you end up doing I wish you luck. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside

Post by Image »

Keep it.
You'll regret it if you don't!
pariah

Post by pariah »

I have been sat looking at mine for nearly 2 years now due to my health problem. While shes sat there it gives me hope to get better and get back out on her. I couldnt sell her as I would be hard pressed to find another one like her .
I often go down and remove the cover and remove the battery for recharging to keep the alarm going as I have had to let the insurance laps on it as well. The trouble is, shes worth more to me sat there than a small amount of cash. :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The trouble is, shes worth more to me sat there than a small amount of cash.
I think this is one of the problems with these bikes. The resale value is so low we could never get back for for them the true value especially after customizing and adding extras for personal taste.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Murray,
its a shame if you have lost interst, but as some of the others have said, it goes in cycles and you are now in the Quad and new car cycle, but in 2 yrs you will be back in the road bike zone!!!! well thats what I am like!!

The other problem is the value, you got the bike at a bargin price, but that means that you might only get the same back, so if you dont need the cash it might be a better bet to change the oil, plug in the optmate and put it into storage till you want to take it playing again.

would it help if we came back over to play round your roads? :D
AMcQ
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

Like the others have said, hang on to it if you've got somewhere to keep it. Mine has been woefully underused this last year, but I knew that time, weather & mood would come back round again. You're not going to get a huge amount for it, yet conversely you'd struggle to replace it like for like if (when?) you change your mind. We're due some sun soon (surely?) - get out on it & get your 2-wheeled mojo back. Come up to Betws & look in for a brew.
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

Just to bring this thread to a close, decided to keep the bike, its being wrapped up till i decided to get her back out again, biggest problem is my new hobby is taking up a lot of time and money, just cant let the bike go, took me ages to find the right bike so not parting with it just leave it in the garage and fire her up occasionally (love upsetting the neighbours)

Oh yeah a pic of the new hobby

couple more pics here http://daphotographic.co.uk/voodoo-grap ... ally-2012/
and here http://daphotographic.co.uk/rali-bro-ddyfi-2012/
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

good man :)

you know it makes sense! :thumbup:

just a tip - if you arent going to use it, sorn it. as dvla are getting pretty handy at dishing out £100 fixed penalties for uninsured vehicles unless they are sorned.
(dont ask) :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Now that looks fun, you have a good collection of toys now :thumbup:

Road bike
Quad
Rally car

What next? A helicopter :lol:
AMcQ
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

to be fair i cant see this rallying thing lasting to long otherwise its going to bankrupt me its had a grand spent on it in the last month, than i went and smacked it into a hedge on tuesday night and popped the rad. next toy hasnt been decided on yet that is the main plus of not having any kids yet is that my money buys my toys and not theirs :D