Just had my bike rammed and knocked over

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: Just had my bike rammed and knocked over

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks guys.
Knowing the British legal system it might take a while
That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Hang in there, go down the legal road first. If the authorities don't get back to me me then I will chase them up until I at least get the guys insurance details and address. The address I should get through his insurance and legal way on paperwork.

One way or another the guy will get his comeuppance. It's just a waiting game for now. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I think you have a legal right to ask DVLA for the address of the registered keeper, for insurance/private prosecution purposes.

It's likely to involve some form-filling, though, and probably a fee.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Your right Tony I have looked into that and they charge for it. Bloody cheek!

I have not heard anything from the coppers yet. Shall leave it the 10 days they said then chase them up. :thumbup:

Rob

Post by Rob »

Not a lot surprises me but this has.

Just don't understand why someone would do it.

What makes it worse is knowing that when they get caught they will probably get off lightly.

Don't know how much it is to get the details from the DVLA, but if you want to do it I will pay for it. Just don't use the info to make a visit with a few friends :shh:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

IIRC the police should provide you with their details.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

IIRC the police should provide you with their details
That's what I'm hoping, if they get their arses in gear.

Thanks for you comment Rob nice of you to offer mate, but your allright. I could get the DVLA details but I'm just waiting to go down the legal route and see what happens. TBH I am relieved that the bike was not too badly damaged, well it's damaged but it's perfectly ridable. I think my biggest problem is that my only witness is my friend, so it will end up being my word versus the driver. I shall chase the old bill up next week.

Rob

Post by Rob »

cybercarl wrote:
IIRC the police should provide you with their details
That's what I'm hoping, if they get their arses in gear.

Thanks for you comment Rob nice of you to offer mate, but your allright. I could get the DVLA details but I'm just waiting to go down the legal route and see what happens. TBH I am relieved that the bike was not too badly damaged, well it's damaged but it's perfectly ridable. I think my biggest problem is that my only witness is my friend, so it will end up being my word versus the driver. I shall chase the old bill up next week.

I don't see why the witness being your friend matters. If he is wiling to make a statement to the police then surely they have to accept that as fact?

You have the registration, you have a witness. Case closed hopefully :thumbup:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

It's not a reliable witness as they're not indepandant.

I "lost" an insurance claim thing because of that. fiddler.

Someone indicating left but turning right and somehow that was my fault.
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just received a letter from the Met Police to notify me that an official investigation into the incident has now been commenced. They have given me a reference number and phone number to the Traffic Criminal Justice Met Police and have asked me to be patient as enquiries can sometimes be quite protracted.

So looks like the ball has started rolling and I will have to wait for further correspondence. I will just have to wait a bit longer and see what the outcome is.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:Just received a letter from the Met Police to notify me that an official investigation into the incident has now been commenced. They have given me a reference number and phone number to the Traffic Criminal Justice Met Police and have asked me to be patient as enquiries can sometimes be quite protracted.

So looks like the ball has started rolling and I will have to wait for further correspondence. I will just have to wait a bit longer and see what the outcome is.

good news, but you must be bricking it when you get a police franked letter incase it is another speeding ticket!
AMcQ
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

That's a good start Carl, we're there any paint (yours) or damage to the van that rammed your bike?

I bet he's had the same notification as you so he'll have this hanging over his head (quite rightly so) whether it's protracted or not. He'll be shitting it lol ;-)

He's basically left the scene of a traffic accident.

I know it were a shitter for you but at least you can now relax and let the plod do their job for you :-)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

good news, but you must be bricking it when you get a police franked letter in case it is another speeding ticket!
That was my initial thought :eek2 until I read it then a smile appeared. :biggrin
we're there any paint (yours) or damage to the van
Don't know about their vehicle but there is no signs of Blue on my bike. Got photos of the damage though.

The letter has come through from the same department that also deals with the cameras and speeding offences. So if they do a check on my bike they will also see the traffic offence I done also. :roll: And if they do a history check on my bike they will see that the previous owner was one of their own. A motorcycle cop. :lol:

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote: And if they do a history check on my bike they will see that the previous owner was one of their own. A motorcycle cop. :lol:

if only his name was still on the log book you might have got a better result on the camera offence 8O
AMcQ
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

Here you go mate
http://www.askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx

4 quid to get the details of the insurance co and policy number of the van, at least then you can progress with your insurance claim, if you leave it to long you might run the risk of them trying to riggle out of it.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks for that mate, got it. I now have the Insurance details so no need to wait on the Police. :thumbup: