Just had my bike rammed and knocked over

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Just had my bike rammed and knocked over

Post by VTRDark »

Over at my friends house today, I was in the garden and heard a vehicle near my bike. So I watched through a gap in the garden gate. Had the bike parked up on the pavement parking area, they pulled alongside my bike and was looking at it and the amount of space behind. I thought they were looking at the gap wondering if they could park there. No, the passenger looked over at the driver and back again and the flowers drove up over the kerb and purposely rammed my bike over. I went running out the gate, they reversed off the pavement wheel spinning off at high speed down the road. It was so blatenly obvious, rammed with intention. :evil: :evil:

Luckily the bike is not too badly damaged and my cans got away with a small scratch. Smashed broken fairing, Clutch lever, Bar end weight and the alloy threaded weight inside the clip on is broke and my mirror scratched up.

Damage done

More expense and more time repairing. I'm pissed off and they are lucky I did not get my hands on them. But on the bright side of things, I got witnesses and managed to get the reg number, make and colour of vehicle. So they have been reported to the old bill. Reg number and vehicle was confirmed and registered in a neighbouring borough. So they will be getting a knock on the door from traffic department for failing to stop for an accident. :biggrin wombles, that will teach them. Hopefully the old bill can get them for something else as well. You never know the coppers may knock on the door and there will be a big wafting smell of skunk.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Re: Just had my bike rammed and knocked over

Post by lloydie »

and just just cleaned it to ,it was looking so nice :(
i feel your pain carl lets hope they do a good job and catch them fiddler
seb421

Post by seb421 »

oh mate you poor b8stard :( that bike was just really coming together and looking fantastic now this, i hate leaving my bike anywhere i cant see it or keep watch on it

all the Richard heads seem to be out and about at the moment, i had to run a red light other day on Thursday night on my way home, i was at lights stopped and some pissed lads decided to run toward me, i didn't know if they thought i was there mate or if they wanted the bike etc but i wasn't hanging about to find out.

Hope its not gona to to money and labour intensive putting it right.

gutted for you carl

Hopefully they get done and you can get a claim on it via there insurance, and then when its cooled down employ some one to dish out a slap or what ever it is you east enders call it lol
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

Feckin' hell, Carl that's awful. I was just admiring your bike pictures earlier in the week.

With the Old Bill on the case they should get them and you've got witnesses - If it were mine, I would not be surprised if one day in a few months from now their car gets mysteriously damaged :evil:
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
chric

Post by chric »

what a set of flowers :Gun2:
I have some spare bar ends and a clutch lever if you need them what i'll post with that other stuff if you want them :?:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Oh no I am gutted for you. What goes through peoples minds? I couldn't do stuff like this to other peoples stuff, these people are sick. I hope you get it repaired quickly. Could you repair the fairing?
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

The wombles wonker! I felt sick for ya when I read this!

I would have found it hard not to pick it up and chase the tw@ and choke him until he passes out then snap the ignition key in his lock then throw the rest of the keys down a sewer on the road! But you did right getting the police instead mate then hopefully they will prosecute for the money back for the repair!

Sorry to hear this mate!

Did you know him or was it a random malicious act?
jd-man

Post by jd-man »

Hi carl sorry about your bike f##king w##kers it was looking good, my bike was knocked over on its right side about six weeks ago a old boy in his 70s revered into it he paid in cash to have it repaired it was over £800 all work was done at lings
seb421

Post by seb421 »

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
tasum

Post by tasum »

sad news, but at least you're ok. what goes around comes around, get it back on the road and the old bill will hopefully sort them out, if not we can all head to theirs for a long weekend :D :D :D :D
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks for the comments guys. It was a random malicious act. I don't know if they done it because they couldn't park there or if they thought the bike belonged to someone else. It's a good job I didn't manage to stop the vehicle otherwise my anger would have taken over and my mate, who's house I was inside would have gone nuts as well. It was just the shear audacity of it and I watched them do it. Just did not get out there quick enough to catch them.
employ some one to dish out a slap
That has been known in the past :roll: I have a BIG Black guy friend he was brought up in Queens New York. He knows how to put fear into people. :lol: Lovely man, highly religious but not someone you want to get on the wrong side of.
I have some spare bar ends and a clutch lever if you need them
Thanks for the offer Chric but mine are not standard. The clutch lever is not broken in the sense of not working, but scrached up and bent a bit and not as pretty as it was. I shall get out tomorrow hopefully and get the fairing off for a bit of body repair. Got some P40 and P38 left over from doing the fazer panels. And maybe I will get my VFR bars on now a bit quicker. I may even take this opportunity to spray the whole front fairing as it's never been good, had a bad spray job previously. It's just more time and expense. Bloody pain in the back end.

I'm not holding my hopes on the old bill but like I said, they may smell skunk when knocking on the door :lol:

Repsol fairing are tempting, but I have big plans for a complete makeover next year. :thumbup:

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's not welcomed by the insurance people, but it's perfectly possible to approach their insurers directly and not put the claim through your own insurance.
All you need to do is ask the Police to help you to trace their insurer, which they can do.

Of course, they may not be insured, which the Police will also take a dim view of when they drop by for a chat.

But assuming they are, you can send a bill directly to their insurer.
All you need to do with your own is to let them know about the incident, and politely decline their offers to process this for you.

The advantage is that you don't lose your no-claims bonus.
Your insurer may try to increase your premium (loading) next year; tell them they can't do this as you haven't claimed form them.

You're perfectly within your rights, nothing dodgy or illegal is being done, but as I say the whole insurance industry is geared up to leeching money out of claims processing and so they'll try to insist.
Stand your ground.

But you'll need to have lots of documentary evidence; statements from yourself and any other witnesses, photo's, map of the area, photos of parts damaged and preferably a quote from a Honda dealer of the cost of the parts needed to completely repair the damage, and put you back in the position you were before the incident occurred.

Yes, I've done this myself on two occasions, both completely successfully.
If the insurer won't play ball (some try to refuse to deal with you directly) merely issue them with a County Court plaint.
They'll settle in full before it gets to court; they can't choose who they will or won't talk to.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The advantage is that you don't lose your no-claims bonus.
Your insurer may try to increase your premium (loading) next year; tell them they can't do this as you haven't claimed form them.
This was my concern. Maybe I will hold off in doing repairs myself and see what comes from this. I was told the constables that will be handling the case will be in touch in a week or so. I've already had to fill in a load of paper work for them with a map, witnesses, description of damage etc etc Also if they find them then they will be made to pay for damages done. So with the old bill on their case, they may wont to settle outside the insurance and cough up some cash. You have some very interesting points there Tony I like it :thumbup:

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Ouch! Sorry to hear of your run in - On the insurance front - you could if you know the number plate find out in advance if the car was insured.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow ... /DG_071948

And +1 on Tony's advice to get an estimate of the damage done by a garage, plus as you've done photos. Keep all receipts for everything bus, taxis & train fares etc, diary of phone calls made and letters wriiten as you can claim back the costs - something like a £50 office fee.

If the police can't pin down who was the driver as the time then you'll be knackered and you'll be reliant on your own insurance if fully comp. Similar thing happened to me where an uninsured car bought from a nearby car auctioneers (under a micky mouse name) smashed into 3 cars and my bike. A guy running from the now immobile car was eventually caught but denied being the driver. Police not interested, insurers not interested, despite all the damage caused. :(
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well it's insured CITROEN BERLINGO 600D LX so that's a bonus. I shall have to see what happens with the authorities. I'm glad I managed to catch the number of the vehicle, they are not getting away with this one. :lol:

Thanks wicky, I forgot about that link. :thumbup: