Replacment side stand

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lumpyv

Re: Replacment side stand

Post by lumpyv »

looks a little bit, err too upright now? you could always grind a little bit off the foot :lol: :lol:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

lumpyv wrote:looks a little bit, err too upright now? you could always grind a little bit off the foot :lol: :lol:
8O +1, or you could add another stand to the other side of the bike! :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Yep I agree, it does feel quite upright - it is over to the left so it is deffo planted but you just imagine it is easier to be knocked. Cant satisfy anyone can you!? I think the 6mm spacer will do the trick and it will lean properly.

...I was thinking about some kind of stabilisers for it!!!!
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh that is defo too upright. It will go over the over way. :eek2 I would get the 6mm in there quick. Or park next to a pothole to plant the stand in. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Replacment side stand

Post by lloydie »

You could fart on that and it will fall over lol
Probably the fastest it will ever move lol
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

I tell you, this jealousy (I like to call it Yellousy) is ugly to see!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:eek2 Griff m8 i was waiting for it to fall over while i was looking at it! Iv never scrolled a screen down so carefully :wink: ...m8 that looks way to upright :crazy: ...oh and where did you get ya licence plate made up m8 nice size that :think:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Haha!!! It's alright, honest!!!

Yep real happy with the plate- its about an inch smaller all round than original. Ok for MOT - well was for my last one- my MOT bloke operates principal of loud exhausts are safer!!

I got it off an eBay shop I think- you could customise it with border, letters at bottom. I think it cost £10. I'll check later exactly where I got it.

Griff.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Griff1977 wrote:I think the 6mm spacer will do the trick and it will lean properly.
It will, my with 5mm add height on shock is ok. See the stand sitting fully on the ground.

Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Ahhh thats better!!!!

It is back to pretty much the original lean after I went for the last 2mm, making 6mm spacer in total.

Had a quick ride to shops to see the difference - I like it!!!!!!!

Lesson learnt: spacers good, but accept the extra lean (I couldn't!) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: or stand good: put at least 5mm, ideally 6mm in!!

Griff
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Griff1977 wrote:Ahhh thats better!!!!

Had a quick ride to shops to see the difference - I like it!!!!!!!

Griff
not sure where your shops are but im guessing you mean local. is the handling difference noticable at low speeds?. i thought you would need to be giving it the juice round some corners? i just wondered as i have been thinking about this spacer lark for a few months now :thumbup:
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Ha, my shops are 4 miles away and the route there is pretty nice - good bends and quite fast!!

I don't feel completely qual'd to comment about what it does, but, what I know is the steering feels more responsive, light,positive. It is subtle at the moment, as you said, I haven't managed a fast/long ride on it but at the mo I notice the difference.

I heard it can make high speed a little less stable - I will try this soon!! Keep you informed!!

Griff :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:clap: thank f*ck..........i can sleep at night again................. :wink:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Griff1977 wrote:Ha, my shops are 4 miles away and the route there is pretty nice - good bends and quite fast!!

I don't feel completely qual'd to comment about what it does, but, what I know is the steering feels more responsive, light,positive. It is subtle at the moment, as you said, I haven't managed a fast/long ride on it but at the mo I notice the difference.

I heard it can make high speed a little less stable - I will try this soon!! Keep you informed!!

Griff :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
you want to bung two long stacks in then, ive heard that slows em up a bit.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

think this topic is nearly dead but this lot make adjustable ones!

http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalo ... 420224.htm