Does any one live in a Caravan / Static

General Biker Banter
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i've been considering it for a while, there is a park for not far from work that is 365 day one (fairly rare)

I'm used to living in a small space and i keep my self to my self in the house to avoid conflict with the brother (more issues this week he's kicked in an 800 quid rear double glazed door while i was at work because he lost his key, any normal Hippo would have rang up in the day and said hello yes ive lost my key leave a door open or gone to their mates, got home from work to find the door wombles, he's also managed to smash my mum's laptop some how. had enough of living here again so want to move out

G/F wants a flat to rent but i don't want to rent some where and pay for something i don't own and cant sell if you know what i mean

so i'm thinking of getting a caravan for my self and a push bike and leaving the bike in the mechanics garage at work (nice and heated) so i can cycle to and from work and use the storm as a play thing

Has any one tried caravan life are they a target for thief's etc?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Go down to the camp cite and find out about the fees they charge per year . Few grand I think .
Some of them static jobs look nice .
Speak to an oap owner as they will be the best to talk to and they should advise you with a cuppa in hand and if you find a good one some biscuits too :-)
VTRDark

Re: Does any one live in a Caravan / Static

Post by VTRDark »

Make sure the caravan is on top of a big hill or buy some oars :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
spider13

Post by spider13 »

hi seb i use to live in a static caravan down the south west coast for 2 years and it was really great,and you dont really lose any space as the statics are quite big
im not to sure on the pricing these days as a mate owned the site i lived on and it was very secure with cctv all over the place
its definatly worth thinking about,just remember not to buy a white tranny tho :lol:
steve :thumbup:
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

i used to rent a static lived there for 2 years i was single at the time and a bit of a hepitightarse every spare penny went to the pub it was £50pm + electric so suited me well thats where the plus points ended for me, in summer it was like sitting in a hot car in winter it was freezing when it rained it would drum on the roof keeping me awake,in my van i had 2 bedrooms a kitchen a bathroom with baTH and showerand a good size living room for a caravan, i couldnt have hot water and cooker on at same time as it would blow a fuse every time..lol
it was nice inside just like a small flat and i kept it nice
used to love winding up the couple in the van next door they used to ask regular if i had birds pecking at my roof every morning lol well i never told them i like to feed the birds by throwing my stale bread on there roof...lol
bikes bought dead or alive crash damged , none runners , abandond projects
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Whilst it's not quite what you are thinking of, every year we go down to Cornwall and stay in a static

They come with central heating and everything nowadays

As the others have said, pop down to the site and ask for a look around

Dress smart or they will think you are casing the joint!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck buddy
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

I live in a twin unit mobile home (basicly the size of 2 statics bolted together) i have central heating, sky, phone an broadband, winter is plenty warm enough and summer is not to warm in here, considerably cheaper than the house i was renting previously and a bit bigger, I go through 2 47kg bottles of gas over the coldest 3 months of winter then it goes up to a bottle a month for about 4 months and then about a bottle every 8-12 weeks the rest of the time so in total about 12-13 bottles a year so at worst case its about £650 a year to heat (incl hot water and cooking) as for electric if you go through more than 45 to 60 quid a month your doing something wrong, it wont be more than band A council tax, (equivalent sized flat would probably be band C), if you do it though try and get one with central heating you would regret not having it if we have a bad winter again, oh and you might suffer frozen water when the weather gets really cold.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

MJONESY wrote:I live in a twin unit mobile home (basicly the size of 2 statics bolted together) i have central heating, sky, phone an broadband, winter is plenty warm enough and summer is not to warm in here, considerably cheaper than the house i was renting previously and a bit bigger, I go through 2 47kg bottles of gas over the coldest 3 months of winter then it goes up to a bottle a month for about 4 months and then about a bottle every 8-12 weeks the rest of the time so in total about 12-13 bottles a year so at worst case its about £650 a year to heat (incl hot water and cooking) as for electric if you go through more than 45 to 60 quid a month your doing something wrong, it wont be more than band A council tax, (equivalent sized flat would probably be band C), if you do it though try and get one with central heating you would regret not having it if we have a bad winter again, oh and you might suffer frozen water when the weather gets really cold.
thanks for the feedback mate, with my sh1t bag wage that luxary is out the window mate lol

this is the place i would be looking to keep it if i got a small cravan

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=4308

also there is a few farm area's my mates have a shoot not far from work and get on great with the farmer to the point where he's let them use shotguns on his land, would it be illegal for someone to just live in a caravan on someone's land? obviously seeking farmers permission first and giving him money for electric and stuff
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
boz

Post by boz »

Check out Jezza Kyle of a morning and witness some of the trailer park trash you need to avoid :lol: :lol:
CBR900rr Fireblade
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Na I think he will fit in nicely lol with your antisocial exhausts lol
seb421

Post by seb421 »

boz wrote:Check out Jezza Kyle of a morning and witness some of the trailer park trash you need to avoid :lol: :lol:
Those people on that show have a house provided by the council and paid for by mine and your tax mate, nothing against council house folk but you always get some fiddler and i couldn't deal with that

People that own caravan's usually have some disposable income and a motorised form of transport and a job to boot

I've been to some caravan parks in the past and have had pleasant exchanges with people, if i walk 10 mins from my house you enter the sh1t hole area where people would sooner spit at you than say hello
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
boz

Post by boz »

Point well put seb. :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Saw this and thought of your situation...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arket.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Excellent :biggrin I knew someone out in Portugal who done that. They bough a double decker over here, drove it to Portugal and found a bit of land. They lived in the bus while building their property. They have still got the bus, but it's turned into a storage area and kids playhouse.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

Have you looked at a boat? A mate of mine took out a loan and bought a done up canal boat. Lived on it for a few years at a permanent mooring then sold it and got a house.

Get a big loan over 5 years or so. Buy a SP2 + caravan / boat. Then sell it when your older and buy a house.

Sorted :beer: