Velocity Stacks

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
agentpineapple

Re: Velocity Stacks

Post by agentpineapple »

kev bought a pair of billet stacks from the usa recently, if your interested give him a shout and he'll let you know how to get a pair for yourself..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just got back from my test ride with two long stacks. There is a very noticeable difference, more torque from the bottom and midrange just where you need it. There's more noise from the intake, a nice roaring sound. The bike just feels a bit more powerful without being excessive. It could be me but there also seems to be a bit more engine braking too. Not sure how the stacks could effect that. :confused I did not notice any negatives at the top end and I got well into the three figures. Overall I am very happy and would recommend this mod to anyone. It's got me thinking now, what it would be like with the billet stacks. Mmmmm :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I fancy doing this but can never see any on ebay - where have you guys got yours from (std Honda part I mean)?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

im thinking the same carl ive noticed a good difference with mine shame we couldnt do a bulk purchase
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

toonarmy wrote:im thinking the same carl ive noticed a good difference with mine shame we couldnt do a bulk purchase
we did a bulk purchase [only 5 sets] last time that muppet organised, but we got screwed on import duties where we hoped the package would be marked up as a single set, but the vendor declared the full value and it cost us a further £20 each in tax :(

if you are going on holiday or work visit to usa, you should buy some and bring them home as gifts for your wife, that is a much bigger saving than any bulk purchase
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Gifts for the wife, I like it. The wife should already have velocity stacks. :lol: :lol:

Getting OM large stack is a case of keeping your eyes open for another member selling one here or go down the route of buying an airbox from ebay, make sure you don't buy an empty box. :lol: Or there's this link http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/oem ... IR-CLEANER number 7 £20.29. I have got to say IMO it's £20 well spent.

Have Fun. :thumbup:

cliveyandrews

Velocity Stacks

Post by cliveyandrews »

Stratman wrote:I fancy doing this but can never see any on ebay - where have you guys got yours from (std Honda part I mean)?
*cough "eBay!!"

I think someone has an air box with stacks listed.

Very pleased with the way mind runs with 2 long...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat thumbs...
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

i got the 2 x long un,s and it does make it more peppy low down. wonder if it would run with no stacks at all and what it would be like??

ps i,m not going to try it!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You could try it out of curiosity, as it would not do any harm, but I would think the bike will run like sh1t. The stacks are there to direct the turbulent air into a steady flow entering the carbs. No stacks would be messy and would probably play havoc with the fuel/air ratio.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:i got the 2 x long un,s and it does make it more peppy low down. wonder if it would run with no stacks at all and what it would be like??

Eh... Mine had no stacks in it at all when I bought it, I didn't know till I took the air box off some two/three years later. :redface

In fact it was Tony who pointed them out as missing when we did the CCT's.

Can't say that it run rough or not as I can't remember & I had nothing to compare it with.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

MacV2 wrote:
lumpyv wrote:i got the 2 x long un,s and it does make it more peppy low down. wonder if it would run with no stacks at all and what it would be like??

Eh... Mine had no stacks in it at all when I bought it, I didn't know till I took the air box off some two/three years later. :redface

In fact it was Tony who pointed them out as missing when we did the CCT's.

Can't say that it run rough or not as I can't remember & I had nothing to compare it with.
?? wow, i would have thought it would have made some difference??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

Dont know whereabouts in norfolk you are, but if you ever venture ipswich way, i have a long stack spare, you can have it for a tenner, and ill fit it for ya, i dont want to post though, too much hassle!
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Yo Stratman my complete airbox with filtter, velocity staks x2 and oil capture tank turned up 2day and i only paid £15 + £6 postage. there are still acouple on fleabay at the mo. Get the whole kit and they you can play around modding the spare air box (2 birds 1 stone ) its a no brainer buddy :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:think: Let me throw this one into the melting pot.....how would the bike respond to putting the Short stack in 1st then placing the Long stack into the Short one, its a real tight fit so i dont think there would be any problem as far as the Long stack cuming loose on the run. Just a thought seeing as legnthing the stack seems to give it more oomph!
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

darrenmartin wrote::think: Let me throw this one into the melting pot.....how would the bike respond to putting the Short stack in 1st then placing the Long stack into the Short one, its a real tight fit so i dont think there would be any problem as far as the Long stack cuming loose on the run. Just a thought seeing as legnthing the stack seems to give it more oomph!
you wouldnt get both in toooooo long . the long one on its own is very close to the air filter (mm)