Wobble/shaking when braking?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
jonacol

Re: Wobble/shaking when braking?

Post by jonacol »

I've recntly had exactly the same symptoms. My disc run out/warp was 0.2mm once side and 0.05mm the other, the most wobbly disc was the thinnest by some way. mismatched discs some time in the past. I've changed both for ex 'blade discs and its sorted. I'm not sure of the specs but I'd say the 0.05mm total run out was within spec. I too didn't feel any pulsing at the lever just the slight on off on sensation particularly at low speed.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

you need to do your wheel bearings as well next time you do your tyres - or before.
for the sake of a few quid.
only takes 30 mins once the wheel's off.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
qfo

Post by qfo »

Thanks guys, i'll check all of the things you said when i get some free time! I will keep you posted if i find the solution!
TechyMatt

Post by TechyMatt »

Sounds a silly question but when did you last bleed the brakes??

I was in the process of bleeding my brakes when had to stop due to risk of snapping the corroded nipples that where jammed in there. As i only managed to bleed one side i had some horrendous shaking / juddering under braking until i got a new set of nipples fitted at the garage as wasnt comfortable doing a complete fluid change.

Just a thought. Keep us posted how you get on.