Tyres

General Bike chat
darrenmartin

Tyres

Post by darrenmartin »

Hi guys now i know its down to personal preferance and stuff, but if i wanted to buy a nice set of sticky road boots for my old girl what do i go for? moneys not realy a problem (coz i aint payin :wink: ) and do i stick with the origional sizes or can the rear profile be changed? soz if this is up on the forum elsewhere i have had a good look for answers prior to this post. Thanks for any advice and as ever kep up the gr8 work :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
leevtr

Re: Tyres

Post by leevtr »

Given the choice I'd fit Michelin Pilot Road 2 or 3's. I had the 2's on a previous bike and the were the proverbial dogs bollox for the real world. Havent used the 3's but theyre meant to be even better. Loads of dry grip, immense in the wet, will out last religion.

However, there are many who'll say you need Super sticky corsa race track ultra soft blah blah.....

If you are John McGuiness, crack on, else its a complete waste of time.

And for profile changing, I reckon the most sucessful and prolific motorcycle manufacturer in the world ( Honda ) probably got it right in the first place.

I'm sure others would disagree though.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:lol: cheers lee and knowing this lot your probably rite.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I'm Very very happy with the Pilot Road 3's Fantastic in the Wet, and they have been superub in the dry, i had a bit of a Richard day yesterday and gave them some real stick and they was fantastic

they get up to temp very quick too which is nice, you can get some great lean angles on them and you can get good feedback when your approaching the limits of the tyre

They took a little while to scrub in and had a few moments on the sweeping motorway slip roads but that was me forgetting i had new tyres when late for work :oops:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:thumbup: nice 1 Seb, iv been off the road for about 6 years and have sort of lost touch with the tyres available. last time i bought a set it was for me RSV Millie and i think the were Avon Vipers.....any way tnx for the feed back. im now off to strip the wheels off of here ready to go rubber shopping :wink:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

darrenmartin wrote::thumbup: nice 1 Seb, iv been off the road for about 6 years and have sort of lost touch with the tyres available. last time i bought a set it was for me RSV Millie and i think the were Avon Vipers.....any way tnx for the feed back. im now off to strip the wheels off of here ready to go rubber shopping :wink:
No worries mate, how you get on with the brakes you had a stab at fitting yet?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Just fitted the Michelin Pilot Road 2 to mine, been raining since but I am sure they will be good
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

another vote here for road 2s , the road 3s run the same compound apparently just a different tread pattern (according the michelin rep the only improvement on the road 3s is their ability in the wet which is down to the tread pattern)
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Best not go out in the rain then :lol: :lol: :lol:
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

roads 2s were already really good in the wet :thumbup:
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

No one's disagreed so far .....

Are you all feeling alright ?? :lol:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Bridgestone BT021 pretty good, and the new 023 meant to be top notch.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Flatline wrote:Best not go out in the rain then :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1 on that , I hate the rain. My butt goes into twitch mode when its a bit slippery.

However, on my first run on the B500 in Germany, it happened to be wet ( no choice, had to make Davos in Switzerland ) and I left the rest behind easily. When asked how I got so confident in the rain, the answer was deffo the tyres.

When you do get caught out in the wet unexpectedly, you'll be glad of them ??
SPIV

Post by SPIV »

PR3s on mine .. can't fault them :thumbup:
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Hey Seb, no not yet. I keep looking at em and thinking yeh ill have a go but i aint done brakes before and knowing my luck id be off the road for days with probs :lol: you know what its like until you actualy have a go at some thing theres always that part of ya saying ..no dont go there, you dont know what your doing! But until you get on and have a go youl never learn :crazy: But i am going to have a go. Im sure the brake fluid thats in the system at the moment is the origional as its dark brown! do we have a thread on the forum for brakes and line changes? If not may be agood one to get up :thumbup: