CCT replacement/ alternator bungs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
TonyW650

Re: CCT replacement/ alternator bungs

Post by TonyW650 »

Can I have some!
lloydie

CCT replacement/ alternator bungs

Post by lloydie »

Thank you mine came today and all I can say is WOW .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Mine arrived today and I must say I was very, very impressed with the quality of the workmanship. Mark you are a talented man my friend.
I won't take up space with photo's as Carl has aready shown what they look like fitted, but I urge anyone to ask Mark to work his magic and replace the cadbury cream egg consistency standard Honda item.
And they are Ti, what's not to love?
Thanks again Mark you are a Star :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
seb421

Post by seb421 »

gl_s_r = the man who can!

Just got mine today, very very nice and fantastic quality

look forward to the next ting you decide to turn out ill put my name down now

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

look forward to the next ting you decide to turn out ill put my name down now
Here's an idea.... Billit plugs for the rear swingarm, ABBA stand attachments. :thumbup:

:wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Look nice, any chance of having the face of the larger one so there are no holes around the hex area? Or would you be able to do a custom design for a premium?? :wink: :thumbup:

On another point....Abba stand....Somebody needs to copy the idea somebody else (I cant remember the chaps name) had on here and use the engine mount bolt area as a lifting point for the bike and make the stands so the bike lifts from there instead. Gives the ability to lift the whole rear end of the bike and allow access to the rear swing arm pivot bolts without using that as the lift point!

....Maybe a project idea for the Mon of Tony-ness?? Could be a coupld of quid to be made there...
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think that was Kev who adapted the stand. You bring up a very valid point there snoogle. :thumbup:
Not only does it allow access to remove the swingarm, but because it's more of a centre point on the bike it allows it to see saw (pivot) to work on the front end.

Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

The members name was "jonacol". Dunno if Kev has modded an original Abba but thats not a bad idea either to be fair :thumbup:

I was trying to work out a way of raising mine to do the hanger swap and realised that I cant use an abba when I thought about it. Going to be using my uncles Hydro lift in his garage next week when I'm off work instead. Locks the front end in place and lets you jack up the rear end if needed :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Snoogle wrote:Look nice, any chance of having the face of the larger one so there are no holes around the hex area? Or would you be able to do a custom design for a premium??
If you can draw what you'd like to be different or describe to a good detail that I can understand, then I can't see why you couldn't have something bespoke? Not something I would like to do a lot of though...

Have a think and let me know what you have in mind
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
Murv

Post by Murv »

Regarding the ABBA stands, they are patented and they even put a leaflet in the box (or they did with mine) encouraging people to report copies so that they can take action.
I know nothing about patents, so no idea what would constitute a copy but just thought i'd throw it out there
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Snoogle wrote:The members name was "jonacol". Dunno if Kev has modded an original Abba but thats not a bad idea either to be fair :thumbup:

I was trying to work out a way of raising mine to do the hanger swap and realised that I cant use an abba when I thought about it. Going to be using my uncles Hydro lift in his garage next week when I'm off work instead. Locks the front end in place and lets you jack up the rear end if needed :thumbup:

I made one too
nothing like an abba stand :shifty:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Snoogle wrote:The members name was "jonacol". Dunno if Kev has modded an original Abba but thats not a bad idea either to be fair :thumbup:

I posted somewhere about how you can do it with your abba stand, you only need to add a socket to replace one of the adaptors and some 2 by 4 wood to raise the height. It works well
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here we go, it wasn't kev though he has a nice alternative.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... nd#p173860

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:Here we go, it wasn't kev though he has a nice alternative.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... nd#p173860

Thanks Carl, that's the one :thumbup:
AMcQ
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Mine came today nice bling very trick if you've got a storm you want thsese :thumbup: keep us posted Mark on future plans
Last edited by Vtrkidda on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loud pipes save lives!