and it's a good evening from him........

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
beemer1957

Re: and it's a good evening from him........

Post by beemer1957 »

Don't worry about changing bikes . 7 in one year and they have the cheek to moan. Mind you the living room was a bit full at times. VFR800, RT1150, 400/4, kh250, triton, Sportster, VTR. That's when the sex stopped. :Argue 1: :confused :beer:

What is this "you can only ride one at a time " Crap . Doh !!! i would never have guessed that. :roll:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mind you the living room was a bit full at times. VFR800, RT1150, 400/4, kh250, triton, Sportster, VTR. That's when the sex stopped. :Argue 1: :confused :beer:
Maybe you should have moved the wife into the garage. :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
beemer1957

Post by beemer1957 »

What and spoil the look of the garage !!!! :whatever
Maggers

Post by Maggers »

Thanks to all for the welcome. :D

Riding this bike is fun and it likes to be flicked around and has a nice balance to it. The V twin sound from the Scorpion cans is superb and it certainly draws attention.

This VTR is also a very pretty bike and I really like just looking at it. With the high level cans, shiny red paint and other race ish fittings it does have a superbike look about it and it's very pleasing on the eye.

However I don't think my wrists and hands can live with the V twin vibes. Get it into top gear and 70+ on the motorway it smooths out nicely and there's enough wind blast to keep the weight off my wrists but other than this being a curiosity buy I also bought it for scratching on so the motorway is where it will spend the least amount of time and therein lies the problem. Anyway I'll give myself until the V5 arrives from DVLA before making my mind up but expect to see this VTR up on the bay of evil in the next week or so.

:boobs:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

your wrist will get used to the load if you just keep riding............the vibes are better when you are on back raods as you always change thr revs, but if they are very bad it might mean you have a loose engine bolt or exhaust bolts / clamps / mounts.
AMcQ
Maggers

Post by Maggers »

AMCQ46 wrote:your wrist will get used to the load if you just keep riding............the vibes are better when you are on back raods as you always change thr revs, but if they are very bad it might mean you have a loose engine bolt or exhaust bolts / clamps / mounts.
Nah it's nothing loose unless all three VTR's I've ridden have had something loose. I'm just old and my wrist and hands are sensitive to the vibes produce by V engines. To a lesser extent I had the same issue with a VFR I once had and a Pan Euro albeit less so as it's a more upright riding position.
beemer1957

Post by beemer1957 »

I am oldish my wrists cant stand full on sports so i have gone for the cool n comfy top yoke and renthal bars , works for me :beer:
Maggers

Post by Maggers »

beemer1957 wrote:I am oldish my wrists cant stand full on sports so i have gone for the cool n comfy top yoke and renthal bars , works for me :beer:
Yep that is an option and Spider, who sold me the bike, had also considered it for the same reasons. For my money it detracts from the whole point of the bike so I won't take that route.
karenvtr

Post by karenvtr »

Hello and welcome to the forum :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Maggers wrote:
beemer1957 wrote:I am oldish my wrists cant stand full on sports so i have gone for the cool n comfy top yoke and renthal bars , works for me :beer:
Yep that is an option and Spider, who sold me the bike, had also considered it for the same reasons. For my money it detracts from the whole point of the bike so I won't take that route.
Well as you say you can only give it sometime to see if you adjust to it, at least you're being realistic enough to do that. If you find out for definite it's a no go, what do you think you may replace the Storm with I wonder :?: seeing as you're not going to do the handle bar conversion.

Chris.
Maggers

Post by Maggers »

sirch345 wrote:
Maggers wrote:
Well as you say you can only give it sometime to see if you adjust to it, at least you're being realistic enough to do that. If you find out for definite it's a no go, what do you think you may replace the Storm with I wonder :?: seeing as you're not going to do the handle bar conversion.

Chris.
Hi Chris.

After plenty of VTR riding and deliberation I've decided to part with it. There's loads that is great fun about this bike but I won't be able to live with it on the comfort side and I'm not prepared to make changes to accommodate me. The bike is pukka and just right as it is. What will I replace it with? Don't know. Looks like I might have a buyer for it already but if anyone wants a brand new unused bagster tank cover in red let me know.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Maggers wrote: Hi Chris.

After plenty of VTR riding and deliberation I've decided to part with it. There's loads that is great fun about this bike but I won't be able to live with it on the comfort side and I'm not prepared to make changes to accommodate me. The bike is pukka and just right as it is. What will I replace it with? Don't know. Looks like I might have a buyer for it already but if anyone wants a brand new unused bagster tank cover in red let me know.
OK, good luck with a sale. Do keep us posted on what you get next :thumbup:

Chris.