Garage floor

General Biker Banter
bazza696

Re: Garage floor

Post by bazza696 »

It stopped my knees squeaking, I would recommend carpet.
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

In one of my garages, yeah I got 2 flash huh, I just laid a latex self leveling compound down and the stuck vinyl over that. It was the vynil used in wet areas. Also sealed the joint at the walls with a mastic. Empty the garage and I can jet wash the floor. Sealed the walls and cieling with gloss paint. East to clean out so I can use it as a spray painting area.

I put all the storage on wheels too, makes moving things a lot easier. Cost wasnt' massively spenny either. Its been down about 3 years, dropped a few things on it too. Hasn't done any damage. Worth a go. Better that cold concrete in the winter.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Thanks everyone.

tony did you never put sand in the paint?, it stops you sliding across the floor, we do it in work.
tattie

Post by tattie »

Hi Storming Honda,
As BarryH suggested just use a laytex levelling compound mixed to the spec on the instructions, it goes on like a dream, be sure to brush or hoover any loose material ie concrete dust up so that the new material gets a good bond.
You might also want to put a dilute pva bonding agent down to prime the floor prior to the application of the laytex screed or if the "ridges/bumps" are truly bad you could lay a cement screed using SBR as a bonding agent.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You could try ironing it?

or moving.

Has this helped?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.