what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Z28DUNC

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Z28DUNC »

Fitted some anodised countersunk bolts and washers on the the fairing lowers. All colour matched now. :thumbup:

Then went for a blat out with some mates...

:beer:
Tail

Post by Tail »

Up at 8 out for 9, wake up my mate of into wales, all i'll say it was bloody cold today, weather was good then we crossed the border and it bloody kept hailing, not nice, popped into the Ponderosa on the Horseshoe pass for chicken curry and chips then a two hour blast home to findt he best sun in the midlands.

BTW the baffles are coming out again, its too quiet with them in :thumbup:
Catch me if you can
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good day/bad day
i'd like to thank carl again for popping around and doing a few bits to my bike.
good stuff first, fitted my newly painted front fairings/pyramid screen/art c/f frame protectors
figured out why the headlight wasn't working......don't ask
sorted out the wires under the dash, there all taped up now.
found and replaced another 10amp fuse(indis/horn now working again)
now for the bad stuff
we managed to scratch the new fairing.....ffs....i'll cover it with a sticker for now
we figured out that the wiring loom has been routed on the wrong side of the tank when the bike was rebuilt........doh!!
which means theres to much wiring behind the headlight, which makes it awkward to fit the fairings on, also the loom runs to the wrong place on the rear subframe, so i can't connect up the fuel light, and the wires are more open to the elements
then the new fuse blew(no indis/horn) and to top it off we find a live wire poking out touching the rear subframe(hence the blown fuses) we don't know what this red wire is for or if it connects up to the loom at that point...........grrrrr
i'd like to say the bike had an alarm fitted in the past and this was leftover from it, but i just don't know.
i also put another 2/3 of a litre of oil in, which means including and since the service the bike had a total of 4 and 2/3 litres of oil and i've only covered 150 miles, that seems excesive to me, i shall be keeping a close eye on that, theres no sign of where the oils going tho, no leaks or blue/grey smoke from the exhaust.
we also found that both cans are blowing around a couple of rivets one on each can.
i'm starting to get pissed off with it now, thats all for now its bedtime........ :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Keep with it bsm as when it's all done it will be a very good one :)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Don't get disheartened big fella, it'll be worth it in the long run mate.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Booked my Dyno run, looked at boxes of bits to fit (rear shock spacer, DGI, Gixxer clip ons, +4 advancer, long stack, air box to mod, spare forks and updated springs & seals to go in them, iridium plugs, LED tail light to fab up etc etc) Put them all back in shed...

....attempted to fit RF modulator in Jaaaaaag for iPod - failed as mod box has ISO aerial, Jaaaaaag has Fakra. Grrr. Bracket is console mount, not dash/radio.

......looked at Bar Risers for Pauline's Storm, she has trouble with neck - so hoping an extra inch will help (fnarr)

Dropped some Midsfest emails round

Drunk beer!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qs221w
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So why wasn't the headlight working Marty...... :confused
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Sounds like progress there BSM.

Re the oil, I thought the 'storm took 4.5 litres anyway, or is that only from a rebuilt/dry engine? I seem to remember always cursing motorbike oil for coming in 4 litre cans, meaning I always had another partial can on the go.

If you want some routing tips on the wiring I can take some photos for you. My bike is standard and untouched.
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

BSM buy another storm and put your bits on that :p
Loud pipes save lives!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

bit of a small clean - chain, relube, adjust, topped up the oil, went to do a change but Halfords lied about having a filter.

Fitted the rear shock spacer - yet to try it out as have got to talk my daughter down of the ceiling from a teenage paddy! So will see what the difference is on the way to work tomorrow.

Keep the faith BSM - before you know you'll be happy as the proverbial large, iberian martini :thumbup:
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

BigVeeGrin wrote:yet to try it out as have got to talk my daughter down of the ceiling from a teenage paddy!
Just hand her a duster so she can do something useful whilst up there :biggrin
beemer1957

Post by beemer1957 »

Bugger all again , Work the curse of the drinking class, Miles of empty sea , one oil rig and one pig sick storm owner. Bah Humbug, Roll on 23rd May and Month off , plus Perverts in leather Rally weekend 8th.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Today i thought sod it and fit the rear braided brake hose I've had for over a year in a box :oops: , also fit the green HRC tube that's been sat around for 6 month plus

So now have Hell Lines front and back :thumbup: just gotta get round to fitting the pink HRC tube on the front in the future

Was going to Fit the pipercross filter but thoughts wombles it not a lot of room to lift the tank etc and it was full its a bitch with a full tank

Will get a Kagizume rear disc and brembo pads to match the front at some point, not sure about the pads as i may have to switch to a blade calliper when i fit the brace?

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you keep the storm caliper mate, but you need the blade caliper hanging bracket mate..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:you keep the storm caliper mate, but you need the blade caliper hanging bracket mate..... :thumbup:
thanks buddy just the carrier i need to get then like kevs :)

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033