VTR Lower Fairing Belly Pan's

General Bike chat
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

These are on the way to me from the USA.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ ... =slideshow

Spec.
Glass fibre, 550gms each, unpainted and no brackets.
As I plan to make some brackets my question is does anyone have some spare brackets to loan me or sell to me?

Cheers

Stephen.
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
tony.mon

Re: VTR Lower Fairing Belly Pan's

Post by tony.mon »

Not for one of those, mate, sorry.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

I'm looking for standard ones to make up some extended ones.
spider13

Post by spider13 »

ive got the 2 standard belly pan ones lying in the garage somewhere
steve :thumbup:
chi kung

Post by chi kung »

Looks like my lower fairing. I could pop round if you wanted to check out the brackets. You look local to me.
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

Hi, have you purchased a one off, or are more available? Is there email, website & price?
thanks
richard :)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bsabloke wrote:Hi, have you purchased a one off, or are more available? Is there email, website & price?
thanks
richard :)
i think styler will be happy to sell you one of the 9 or so he has bought and i'm sure it will be for a reasonable price, cus thats the sort of guy he is........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

Yes please to the spare brackets and popping round to check out the fairing.
Spider13 PM me the cost and postal costs.
Chi Kung PM me and well arrange a date to pop around.

I got 9 in from the USA. The guy gave me a special price and shipping was a lot cheaper than for 1 :D
Waiting for the post office to send me a mail for the import tax :( But I want it all sorted the taxes , VAT, cost plus shipping before I put a price up.)
Then I'll have a proper price and they will be on my son's web shop with VAT and post charges included with the options to pay by credit card and PayPal.
I should be able to ship to anyone for less than £9 each.

I'm not in it to make loads of money, I just want to cover my costs and make a small bit...
I'll reserve one for anyone and you can walk away if you don't like the costs when I post them up no problem.
I plan to get brackets sorted with some help from the forum for brackets and a mate for the modified brackets, and may or may not spray them with undercoat to make sure no oil gets to them.

PM me if your interested.
So far this is the list.
Styler4077 x 2
Bsabloke x 1

This is the spec from the guy in the USA.

"All parts come in white gel coat or primer.
Four ply marine grade fiberglass make the parts very strong yet flexible.
All parts come with a paintable sandable gelcoat or primered. (Not sure what they are at the mo)
Does not include hardware bolts, fairing nuts, windscreen or headlight. This is just for the fairing. Inner mount tabs for wires/bolts/inner parts may need to fabricated. ( I plan to try and get these manufactured)

I recommend for best results at least 3 coats of primer and two coats of automotive grade paints.
All sales are final. This is not a stock plastic part. The end result will depend on the time and effort in your preparation.
For those have you that have never worked with fiberglass, its is a very strong and lightweight material. The finish is raw gelcoat. Depending on the mold it could be matte like an egg or shiny like gloss white. Yes, some of these pieces you could bolt on and ride like that. Raw gelcoat absorbs oil. I highly highly recommend 3 stage sanding to a 1000 grit wetsand finish. Test fit and drill then paint. Some parts may have mold marks from the original part that transfer to the copy. Like light toolmarks , sticker marks or what look like cracks.

Just lightly sand off and they are gone in seconds. Small pinholes (RARE) may be filled with primer, filler, or automotive painter putty. I have to put this on here because people dont read. I can generally prep and primer one in about 30 minutes. It amazes me when people send me emails going "I thought it was plastic painted white and I want a refund and me pay return shipping". lol read please."
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Styler4077 wrote:These are on the way to me from the USA.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/ ... =slideshow

Spec.
Glass fibre, 550gms each, unpainted and no brackets.
As I plan to make some brackets my question is does anyone have some spare brackets to loan me or sell to me?

Cheers

Stephen.
They look like mine. I'll be on it in Tamworth next weekend - or Hampshire during the week if you wanna come and copy the brackets in soft steel...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rkvf0r
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

Well got it sorted at last :o
Spec:- Glass fibre, 550gms each, unpainted and no brackets.
I brought 9 in to the UK in all and these are being sold here http://www.afterhours.co.uk/ttmotorsport

A local VTR1000 member Chi Kung came over and had a look and thought they looked good. I'm happy with mine.
They come with no brackets, the one hole in the side (See picture) lines up with the bracket used by the std mini pan. But that's all.

These are from a guy in the USA and this is his ebay listing:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/97-05-Honda-S ... 3cc29758b6
His price is £77.42 for the pan plus £30.25 shipping = £107.67. that's as a gift or more if you then get caught for VAT and duty. As that will take the total over £130. Thats if you do. :(

My price is £106.93 delivered next day by UK-Mail courier service (Make sure some one is in) and includes all taxes (VAT and duty) But I only have 8.

At least two other companies that I know of are listing belly pans for the FireStorm and I think include brackets, (mine do not) they are:-

Powerbronze part is £190 from their web site
http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/822853/818 ... BLACK.item

Pyramid Plastics is £234.14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! from their ebay web shop
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTR1000-Fires ... 2a1d83bb92

You are welcome to pop past my place (Between Luton and Bedford) to take a look, or ask Chi Kung for his personal opinion.
As I said these are just above my cost as the extra is to cover my son's web shop credit card charges or his PayPal charges.
These are only being offered here as this web page is not accessable on my son's web site unless you know the URl nor is it listed any where else.

If you have any question then please PM me or email me at styler4077 at hotmail dot com.

Thanks
Stephen
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Interesting style there Styler. :lol: It looks like a Mori style that has been shortened and raised to butt up to the fairing. Being glass fibre, not only are they going to be light, but strong and more heat resistant too. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside