Re: Insurance help

Post by Stratman »

Vtrkidda wrote:One word somes it up well a few Money grabbing B@@@@@ds :x :lol:
That's 5 isn't it?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

aces-high

Post by aces-high »

Sorry seb, i misread your first post. I thought your storm was just off the road having the bearings sorted but still with an MOT in place. :P
still the insurance firms are a pain in the butt, whilst I understand that they dont want people to take out a policy on a low risk vehicle and then use the 3rd party riding option on a higher risk bike all the time, I would have thought this is exactly the situation that the 3rd party cover would be of most use!
I in no way advocate the riding without insurance as its not fair on anyone you hit, but it is really poor if you can't use the option for a few days cover whilst yours is off the road
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Stratman wrote:
Vtrkidda wrote:One word somes it up well a few Money grabbing B@@@@@ds :x :lol:
That's 5 isn't it?
Yer changed the post to a few words :wink: :wave:
Loud pipes save lives!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

aces-high wrote:Sorry seb, i misread your first post. I thought your storm was just off the road having the bearings sorted but still with an MOT in place. :P
still the insurance firms are a pain in the butt, whilst I understand that they dont want people to take out a policy on a low risk vehicle and then use the 3rd party riding option on a higher risk bike all the time, I would have thought this is exactly the situation that the 3rd party cover would be of most use!
I in no way advocate the riding without insurance as its not fair on anyone you hit, but it is really poor if you can't use the option for a few days cover whilst yours is off the road
Yes i was a bit pissed out to find this to be the case too mate, when you genuinely need the other transport because your own is having work done required for the MOT by the MOT people you would expect to still be covered 3rd on another bike, typical red tape bullshit

Just glad i did think hang on a minute better cover my butt and get it in writing from them via email in case something goes wrong.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just glad i did think hang on a minute better cover my butt and get it in writing from them via email in case something goes wrong.
And for the rest of us as well! I'm sure that so many riders assume that when one's own (insured) bike is out of action your covered to ride 3rd party on any other bike. Seems this is not the case inless your own bike is fully road legal. 8O :thumbdown:

I am disgusted ALL these big companies where something in life is a necessaty, and we have no option but to purchase, rip us off left right and centre. Utility Bills, Petrol and now Insurance. The dirty wormy backends. We pay out our hard earned cash and they will use any legal loophole, smallprint that's set out in a way to confuse us and rip us off. Sorry rant over. :x
When getting pulled on the blade its registered owner and insurer is my dad, i would then have to prove insurance, if it was a clued up motorway type cop then they might run my details and find out my own bike has no MOT, if he knows his egg's he might know that I wont be covered on the blade 3rd party if mine does not hold a current valid MOT
That's very prudent of you Seb. Your quite right. In this day and age with camera's, computers and what not, it's getting harder to get away with anything. I'm enjoying having a clean license these days! been down all those sort of routes before in the past and then the Insurance wombles you over even more :roll: :lol:

Thanks for starting this thread Seb it's brought an issue up that loads of us have not considered before.

Have Fun :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

IIRC you can present your vehicle for MOT anything up to a month in advance and still use the later anniversary date. The insurance companies will say that if you had any concerns about the vehicle (your bike in this case) then you could have sorted an alternative means of transport out in the mean time (whilst the bike is still MOTd) or line up the work that is needed for an MOT pass...

Still a bunch of money grabbing b8stard either way!! :(
A head full of fears has no room for dreams