bellypan restoration

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Kev L

Re: bellypan restoration

Post by Kev L »

Have you used heat proof mat on the inside of the belly?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Before

After

Good job done I'd say!

Did you use cans or a spray gun for that?

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

since you put it like that, it looks spanking.

i havent flattened it down yet either.

ive not used any heat proof mat or anything yet. it hasnt appeard to have needed any. with my relocation of brackets, the warmer parts of the exhaust dont go near it.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I stuck some in mine, just to be safe. Don't want to damge the paintwork.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

KarlosVTR wrote:the warmer parts of the exhaust dont go near it.
What about the part of the exhaust the kinda peeps through the hole? My paint has started to crack there...will deffo be putting some heat proof stuff on it next time :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Snoogle wrote:
KarlosVTR wrote:the warmer parts of the exhaust dont go near it.
What about the part of the exhaust the kinda peeps through the hole? My paint has started to crack there...will deffo be putting some heat proof stuff on it next time :thumbup:
If you ride through fields and then leave the mud on it won't show.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have manage to get heat damage on my bellypan where it is actually touching against the pipe that runs under the sump [the Moriwaki style hasnt got the peep hole for that bit of the pipe] but have fitted heat reflective tape now and it gets no worse. But I would take care in modding the brackets to get more clearance to the pipes, as I have also damaged mine by dragging it in the road when lent right over in RH corners and hitting a bump mid bend!..........

The good thing is that it is black gelcoat, not paint on a light primer, so the burn & scrape marks dont show unless you look real close, so Tony has the best answer, paint it Matt black and keep it dirty.
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:I have manage to get heat damage on my bellypan where it is actually touching against the pipe that runs under the sump [the Moriwaki style hasnt got the peep hole for that bit of the pipe] but have fitted heat reflective tape now and it gets no worse. But I would take care in modding the brackets to get more clearance to the pipes, as I have also damaged mine by dragging it in the road when lent right over in RH corners and hitting a bump mid bend!..........

The good thing is that it is black gelcoat, not paint on a light primer, so the burn & scrape marks dont show unless you look real close, so Tony has the best answer, paint it Matt black and keep it dirty.
Wasn't that first suggested by the Stones?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:I have manage to get heat damage on my bellypan where it is actually touching against the pipe that runs under the sump [the Moriwaki style hasnt got the peep hole for that bit of the pipe] but have fitted heat reflective tape now and it gets no worse. But I would take care in modding the brackets to get more clearance to the pipes, as I have also damaged mine by dragging it in the road when lent right over in RH corners and hitting a bump mid bend!..........

Wasn't that first suggested by the Stones?
Maybe, but don't get your ya ya's out.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.