Bikeless!

General Biker Banter
vtryorks

Bikeless!

Post by vtryorks »

Oh dear me,

Well, the (very nice) chap came to pick up my VTR tonight and I am officially bikeless. Feels like I am naked although sadly for any admirers, I am not. Dont worry, I pointed the countrys newest VTR owner to this forum.

The question is now, what to do next. I'm buggered if I can decide what bike to buy. I'd say almost totally stuck. I've gone from wanting an XJR13, to a ZZR14, to a Busa, to a B-King, to an FZ-1n and now to a Ducati Hypermotard. What a huge bloody mess.

I hope I can sort this out and pick something so I dont regret selling the Storm, it was pretty painful to see it leave because as 'Storms go, she was pretty special. Anyway, onwards and upwards and I guess I will find something but I'll still be hanging around here!

Oh and by the way, I have some leftover parts which I'll stick in the for sale section including stock rearsets, some unknown link pipes (great :P), new rear sprockets and an Abba stand adapter kit.

I am going to miss that bike. I really am. Glad I got a video or three of it and plenty of pictures. Still love the sound of those Yoshi's!

Cheers,

Martin

Mood: A little :sick:
pinkyfloyd

Re: Bikeless!

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Speaking from an unbiased point of view I think your next bike should be a Firestorm. Great torque and V Twin power pisses all over many IL4's and sounds like thunder. Especially if you pick up a set of Yoshi pipes for it. :lol:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

are your link pipes high or low mate? first dibs pls :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Theres a guy in the sales wanting rear sets badly mate :wink:
Loud pipes save lives!
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Vtrkidda wrote:Theres a guy in the sales wanting rear sets badly mate :wink:
I got the impression that he wanted racing rearsets, I just have standard units.

The link pipes...they are standard level but I have no idea what they fit. Had this discussion with Jazzscot sometime ago and they seemed too short for standard cans. Bit of a mystery. I'll get pics up as soon as I can.
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Alrighty then. I now ride a Yamaha FZ1n.

*hides*
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

vtryorks wrote:Alrighty then. I now ride a Yamaha FZ1n.

*hides*
Pictures needed so we can take piss :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done on getting the new bike mate. Does the Mrs's elbow approve?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Kev L wrote:Well done on getting the new bike mate. Does the Mrs's elbow approve?
She only had a 2 minute ride (1 minute longer than normal...AHEM)....but yes, apparently her iron bottom does in fact approve of the tiny little seat pad.

I have to admit, whilst its massively different to the storm, its a cracking bike and whilst i miss some aspects of the storm, some of the things I've gained (happy wife being one...!), for me personally, seem to make it a decent trade off.

I think Im just getting old.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

And at a stroke marital harmony is restored. Ahhhh I love a happy ending me!
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

good for you mate. i just had a look on google images at the yam, how can that be so much more comfy? is it cos mrs vtryorks (FZ1n.yorks) sits a bit lower??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

lumpyv wrote:good for you mate. i just had a look on google images at the yam, how can that be so much more comfy? is it cos mrs vtryorks (FZ1n.yorks) sits a bit lower??
I think its a mixture of things. The Fazer has a much more comfy seat but the naked, well I reckon the seat padding is a tiny bit better than the storm but most importantly, the rider blocks more wind. On the storm Im in a forward position whereas on the FZ1 naked, Im sitting up and taking the brunt of the wind. The pegs also seem to be comfortable for her.

That being said, she aint tried it when I've had beans on toast, so the wind issue could be open to debate. :Argue:
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

AMCQ46 wrote:
vtryorks wrote:Alrighty then. I now ride a Yamaha FZ1n.

*hides*
Pictures needed so we can take piss :thumbup:
Al, simply :(
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

[quote="vtryorks"]

I think its a mixture of things. The Fazer has a much more comfy seat but the naked, well I reckon the seat padding is a tiny bit better than the storm but most importantly, the rider blocks more wind. On the storm Im in a forward position whereas on the FZ1 naked, Im sitting up and taking the brunt of the wind. The pegs also seem to be comfortable for her.

reckon your right. i must admit i was a bit shocked at what i look like with mrs lumpy on the bike. we are both exactly the same height making me shortish for a bloke and her tallish for a woman . i,ve just interviewed her and she says when we are going along at the slower speed range she can look over the top of my head as we go along from her elevated perch behind me!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I hate that feeling of not knowing which bike to buy. I thought of upgarding my 600 fazer to the 1000 before I bought the storm. If they are anything like the 600's in reliability and easy to ride in any conditions, oh and off course, good fuel economy :lol: then you have a good bike. You will be going here next http://foc-u.co.uk/ but don't forget to visit us, I'm not sure they are as friendly there. :roll: Sad to see the old girl go then :( think of all that extra luggage options you and the misses will have for your touring :thumbup:

Have fun with the new bike, get to know it, and ride safe :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside