Bad roads

General Biker Banter
Vtrkidda

Bad roads

Post by Vtrkidda »

ive noticed the past few months the roads are getting worse :x whos spending our road tax money????? plus any one my way know where there is some nice bendy smooth roads not to far from me For after work blasts,every nice bend I find full of crap or pot holes ,have to fit nobblies on the storm soon 8O

Thatll be fun
Loud pipes save lives!
whitestorm pete

Re: Bad roads

Post by whitestorm pete »

I know im so f**ked off with hitting pot holes on the way to work wheres the road tax money!!
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

whitestorm pete wrote:I know im so f**ked off with hitting pot holes on the way to work wheres the road tax money!!
don't work like that. We pays the money and get Trident missiles, feckless people on benefits, a friggin' war no one understands, tax breaks and dodges for mega wealthy people and big business, and what suffers? The rest.

Bit of a rant that :wink:
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

cant fault ya mate your right
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

whitestorm pete wrote:I know im so f**ked off with hitting pot holes on the way to work wheres the road tax money!!
your road tax money all went into a big communal pot to pay my compy for writing my storm off on potholes lol ;)
helllooooo sp2 :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That being the case I think you should tour the country and give us all a go!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Kev L wrote:That being the case I think you should tour the country and give us all a go!
what a waste of pixels that post was :roll: :Ball Kick: :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Its the same around here sadly.

The roads are absolutely shocking in most of West Yorkshire.

I was down in Warwickshire today on the new bike and the roads were much much better. Its very annoying to have to return home and be faced with 6ft long shallow pot holes which are not even marked for repair.

On a related note, I wish some of the biking organisations would make a stand against the use of loose chippings following road resurfacing. Its all very well and good (not really) asking cars to press the chippings instead of a road roller, but the chippings are a death trap for bikers. Dont the council have a "duty of care" to road users? Surely that would be at odds with the current system as they are placing bikers in danger.

I've often wondered if anyone has taken a case to court regarding such "loose chippings".