Funny mistake by me

General Bike chat
Vtrkidda

Funny mistake by me

Post by Vtrkidda »

:) :lol: :lol: took the storm out yestaday when I got it out of my yard "takes me ten minutes tight sqeeze" I started it and when I knocked it into gear It kept cutting out 8O so after ten minutes of trying and rushing as the norm :roll: I looked And noticed my stand light was on 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes thats right forgot to put the stand up because I was rushing to get out :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: call myself a biker what a plank :lol:

Then got wet through 50 miles from home wasnt happy :cry: :? :cry:
Loud pipes save lives!
agentpineapple

Re: Funny mistake by me

Post by agentpineapple »

i can better that mate, for most of my riding life i've used crash helmets with the simple push button to open catch, but when i came back to biking after a lay off i bought a lid with double d system, well another 18mths passes after my accident and 2 weeks ago i start riding again, but guess what, i'd forgotten how to fasten my crash helmet.......doh!!!!!!
it took me 10 mins to figure it out :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ive got another funny one
my mate was on his r6 sataday and i noticed e pulled over and looked like there was a problem"he was behind :twisted: " he was choking on a fly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: god knows how it got in his gob as he has a new helmet with a built in mouth gaurde thing on :roll: it was so funny I almost wee weed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: then when we stopped for a coffe he found a massive blue bottle in his t shirt :lol: :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

silliest thing i did on mine was when i put it back together i accidentally fitted the gear linkage upside down and couldnt get the gearbox to work at all.
i very nearly took the engine out to strip it thinking the box had gone lol, couldnt find a neutral lol :oops:

the fly thing.... after eating a burger one day i was fiddling with a bit of beef stuck in my teeth... couldnt get it out with my tongue and it was driving me mad so i picked it out with my finger, only to find an empty bluebottle with no legs :o

niiiice. when you know where its spent most of the day :/
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

not long after i got the blade it wouldnt start so i
striped half the fireblade down checking all the electrics with no joy.
call the rac out and he could not fix it .
two days later went for tea round my nans and told her.
she smiled then burst into laughter and told me to turn the kill switch to ON .
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
me nan was right
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

my plank of the week is a combination of age and being so used to contact lenses from years ago - dropping off a tool at Kev's, I got all geared up to go and he said "you might want to put those on" - specs still lying on the tank . Ooops - :oops:

As a youngster I forgot to put a sump plug back and had to go and get my dad to ask why I'd used 5l, or whatever it was in those days, of oil? He was looking at my feet that had gone a bit shiny, some might say oily.

And in terms of digesting things - was munching on some lovely bombay mix years ago, when it went right bitter and nigh on undigestible. The missus had put a dead ladybird and some toe nail clippings in there thinking I didn't want them anymore :eek2
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

My missus has got a 05 yaris when she got it I fitted new car mats in it , but on a yaris you have to push the clutch to the floor for the car to start,But the mats were to thick!!!!!
she stalled at some lights on the way to work and it wouldnt start,she rang the AA waited over a hour and he just pushed the mat to one side and it started ooooops my fault :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: that was 3 yrs ago she still moans about it now :clap: :clap: :twisted: :twisted:
Loud pipes save lives!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Years ago I sold a Hornet 600, the guy came round done the paper work, paid the money and it was time to ride his bike away, turned the key and nothing I couldnt work out why the bike wouldnt start.

I even phoned round to see if a garage was open to buy a new battery.

Cut a long story short, I left the bike in gear. :lol:

I felt a right Cnut.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

once bought and fitted a new central heating water pump. funny thing was the new one made no difference!. discovering someone had turned the room stat down soon cured it though ! ( bo*&*cks) the old one had been sticking though and had to be coaxed with a rubber mallet to get going..
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Webbnuts

Post by Webbnuts »

Picture the scene, I was due to pick up the Firestorm at 7:00 PM after work, mt first ever road bike. I couldn't wait, but then got called back into work, then it started raining, then it got dark. Not to be put off, I went and got it around 9:30 in the pitch black and it was the first time I had ridden it, or indeed any bike since my direct access.

I hopped on, and rode in the pissing rain back to my house and was pleased I got back all in one piece. I put the sidestand down, and went to get off, however I hadn't put the side stand over center, so it simply folded back up resulting in me dropping it on the very first night of ownership!! Luckily I fell into two recycling bins and caused no damage lol!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

BigVeeGrin wrote: was munching on some lovely bombay mix years ago, when it went right bitter and nigh on undigestible. The missus had put a dead ladybird and some toe nail clippings in there thinking I didn't want them anymore :eek2

ws in manchester and found a sort of ethnic outdoor market so was having a mooch, found a stall selling dried herbs n spices in like big scoop bins & bought 1/2Lb of dried chillis and cayenne peppers.... thought they'd be ace for curries and chiili etc....

got home, put them down on the table.

our frank (gannet) came in, oooh bombay mix... grabbed a handfull and started munchin away lol
:Beer Popcorn: 8O :wtf: :crazy: :oops: :sick: :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

benny hedges wrote:silliest thing i did on mine was when i put it back together i accidentally fitted the gear linkage upside down and couldnt get the gearbox to work at all.
i very nearly took the engine out to strip it thinking the box had gone lol, couldnt find a neutral lol :oops:

the fly thing.... after eating a burger one day i was fiddling with a bit of beef stuck in my teeth... couldnt get it out with my tongue and it was driving me mad so i picked it out with my finger, only to find an empty bluebottle with no legs :o

niiiice. when you know where its spent most of the day :/

i just f***in pissed myself laughing hahahahaha
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

benny hedges wrote:
BigVeeGrin wrote: was munching on some lovely bombay mix years ago, when it went right bitter and nigh on undigestible. The missus had put a dead ladybird and some toe nail clippings in there thinking I didn't want them anymore :eek2

ws in manchester and found a sort of ethnic outdoor market so was having a mooch, found a stall selling dried herbs n spices in like big scoop bins & bought 1/2Lb of dried chillis and cayenne peppers.... thought they'd be ace for curries and chiili etc....

got home, put them down on the table.

our frank (gannet) came in, oooh bombay mix... grabbed a handfull and started munchin away lol
:Beer Popcorn: 8O :wtf: :crazy: :oops: :sick: :Ball Kick:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pmsl :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!