Rear Brake Calipers Storm/SP1/SP2

General Bike chat
vtryorks

Rear Brake Calipers Storm/SP1/SP2

Post by vtryorks »

Guys,

Are all the gold rear calipers the same for the 'Storm and SP1/SP2. Looking on ebay they look identical....

SP2: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... 4160008062
Storm: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... 3f1628f6c3

Is there any way to tell definitively?

Thanks
Kev L

Re: Rear Brake Calipers Storm/SP1/SP2

Post by Kev L »

The union bolt location is on opposite sides of the piston, if that makes sense. I chose to use a Blade caliper and carrier when I added the brace to mine to give more clearance for the hose. With the VTR carrier and caliper they clash against the brace.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

I'll try to get a picture and upload as Im not sure which is which. Im pretty sure this is an SP2 caliper that i have here.

Thanks Kev
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Basically if the bleed screw is toward the front and the hose union at the rear it is the SP/Blade and if the bleed screw is at the rear and hose union toward the front it's the VTR. Now wouldn't it have been easier if I had said that first. Gibbering old fool!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Well it seems i have a Firestorm caliper then Kev hehe

Thanks mate, I see what you mean now but to tell them apart you have to look really closely! Those pictures are damn near identical :D