Unnecessary Mods ??

General Bike chat
seb421

Re: Unnecessary Mods ??

Post by seb421 »

StormingHonda wrote:
leevtr wrote:I must have hit a nerve with this one.

Didn't say everyones guilty, but you have to admit, a lot of people mod their bikes when they should ' mod ' their riding.
Are you talking more about the kind of person who just passes their DAS course, after 20 years break, then buys a matching one piece romper suite, the lastest plastic rocket ( cos they had a fast one back when they were a lad ) then mods the crap out of it with all the money left over from sending the kids to uni.

Then goes out Sunday to the local bike meet which has a tea hut, armed with their dino sheet which proves they got the fastest one, wobbling round every bend, practicing knee downs round the roundabout and then finally becoming a stastic because they just cant ride the bike they bought when they should have done a few more years on something they could handle and gaining a bit of experience, instead of pushing peoples premiums up.

:lol:
Shut up with this sh1t.

if that's what they want to do let them do it, who are you to pass judgement on your perch?

if some one is going to ride like a nob and their cause of there death is due to there poor riding ability then its not down to the bike they ride, they could be on a 400 and still ride like a tw@ and have a serious miss judgement resulting in death.

Me and my 3 mates who did a DAS are all still riding large capacity bikes, a new rider i knew on a 250 Ninja died within a short time of being on the roads, met his maker via a lamppost on a 30mph bend near a Tesco in Chorley, i very much doubt he was doing this speed when he lost control and it severed his head, had he been on an R6 with better tyres he might not of lost control....

personally if i was going to have a mistake I would rather it be on the latest bit of tech with ABS and TCS active this and that if there is the chance it might help?? if i had the money to enjoy it i would

when your ambition out weights your talent this is when it all goes wrong
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

just ask rossi......... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Maaaaaaaaaaaan!!! People on here lately need to chill the wombles out :lol: Pass the dutchy to the left hand side!! :Smoke2:

Who honestly gives a wombles about one persons perception of their mods...If you've modded it, you've done it for a reason. I don't go out trying to get my rock blown with what I have done to mine. I'd say ppl have done a hell of a lot more to their bikes than I have mine...it's just mine looks visually different to most other ppls on here.

wombles me (no offence here ppl) If I cared what you lot thought about my bike and couldn't handle constructive criticism then I wouldnt be posting on a forum in the first place...my bike isn't going to be every bodies glass of Woo-Woo, but I did it for me!! No Hippo else lol

As is always said about things...the world would be a very boring place if we liked the same sh1t.

Have a nice day...tally-ho...TTFN n all that...

Lots of love, Snoogy Woogy xxx

PS.
Gotta love the swear filter :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
seb421

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:just ask rossi......... :lol:
i couldn't help my self mate just had to put it :lol:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Your right about the bike your on. It's irrelavent I had a major smash up with a central island and lampost while I was despatch riding. I was riding a 400cc CB1 jap import (crazy bike) with full laser race exhaust system.

Snoogle man, what's with the wombles Wombles :lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up.

(:-})

Edit: I just tried the swear filter, it wombles works. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Wombles is in the swear filter...I'll let you try n work out what it is lol :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Argh wombles now I get it :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Hippo is another word I love to get my tongue around lol
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

seb421 wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
leevtr wrote:I must have hit a nerve with this one.

Didn't say everyones guilty, but you have to admit, a lot of people mod their bikes when they should ' mod ' their riding.
Are you talking more about the kind of person who just passes their DAS course, after 20 years break, then buys a matching one piece romper suite, the lastest plastic rocket ( cos they had a fast one back when they were a lad ) then mods the crap out of it with all the money left over from sending the kids to uni.

Then goes out Sunday to the local bike meet which has a tea hut, armed with their dino sheet which proves they got the fastest one, wobbling round every bend, practicing knee downs round the roundabout and then finally becoming a stastic because they just cant ride the bike they bought when they should have done a few more years on something they could handle and gaining a bit of experience, instead of pushing peoples premiums up.

:lol:
Shut up with this sh1t.

if that's what they want to do let them do it, who are you to pass judgement on your perch?

if some one is going to ride like a nob and their cause of there death is due to there poor riding ability then its not down to the bike they ride, they could be on a 400 and still ride like a tw@ and have a serious miss judgement resulting in death.

Me and my 3 mates who did a DAS are all still riding large capacity bikes, a new rider i knew on a 250 Ninja died within a short time of being on the roads, met his maker via a lamppost on a 30mph bend near a Tesco in Chorley, i very much doubt he was doing this speed when he lost control and it severed his head, had he been on an R6 with better tyres he might not of lost control....

personally if i was going to have a mistake I would rather it be on the latest bit of tech with ABS and TCS active this and that if there is the chance it might help?? if i had the money to enjoy it i would

when your ambition out weights your talent this is when it all goes wrong
Dunno if you noticed the :lol:

It wasnt a dig, sadly people like this do exist though.

Personally I started on a 100cc and slowly worked my way up, best thing I ever did.

After 20+ years of riding I'm not the best rider in the world, and certinally not the fastest, but I got a clean liscence and always have done and (touch wood) never had a serious accident that I caused through riding experience, however I have met ( sadly ) a lot of people who meet my original tongue in cheek post.

Years ago it was called the apprenticeship, personally I couldnt care less what people done, if they wanna be a nob and ride a bike out of the league then thats up to them and stick tacky mods on it, then cool its their money.

Some mods are great and some are just wrong :lol:

As with small number plates, some gave a valid point about having one, but lets be honest most people have cos they think it looks cool, but its more of a old bill magnet if you ask me.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Sorry folks, let me make my point somewhat more subtle.

No, I don't disagree with personalising yours/my bike, thats down to personal choice.

My observation was ( not with anyone inparticular, before anyone gets upset ) is that a lot of people in the biking fraternity, chase performance by changing all the sh1t on their bike, when maybe the money would be better spent on a bit of training, couple of trackdays, Superbike School etc.

Then your bike is faster becuse you are a better rider, and those shills stay with you to the next bike.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

now its written like that, i actually agree with you on this. anyone can do pretty much anything to there bike, thats there choice, i used to play golf before my accident and i never paid more than £150 for my clubs/bag/shoes and what not, but the amount of time you would see someone on the first tee with a thousand pounds worth of kit. yet they couldn't hit the ball for trying, it always made me giggle. the difference between golfers and bikers being they're not going to kill themselves playing golf.
i don't think people who mod firestorms are the issue because they seem to be more mature so to speak, the problem would be with people who have little to no expierience who go and buy the latest 1000cc sportsbike but they've only been riding for a few months. i speak from personal expierience i passed my test in 96 and went from a 125 to a cbr600 and in 1 week i had stacked it, totally down to lack of rider ability :lol:
i learnt my lesson and it was a painful one. i really think people should try additional rider training after passing there test, i did and it was fun and informative.
i hope everyone rides safe this summer :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

reading that BSM reminds it reminds me of the fool on the brand new gixxer

[youtube][/youtube]

If a new rider is stupid enough to jump on a new Gixxer thou or a S100RR etc etc and not treat it was absolute respect then they are wombles morons mate, no man / woman in a sane frame of mind could expect the power delivery of one such animal to be similar to that of the old clapped out 500 they past there test on

I think the biggest problems is with the cars my self, 17 year old lads young dumb and full of cum ragging about in a ton and half of metal, driving as close as they dare to the car or bike in front that's travelling at 30mph

its these flowers that need educating, there should be a limit as to what a new driver should be able to use, i mean its 21 for a full size bike, but at 17 I could jump in a Nissan 350z get real
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

bigspanishmarty wrote:now its written like that, i actually agree with you on this. anyone can do pretty much anything to there bike, thats there choice, i used to play golf before my accident and i never paid more than £150 for my clubs/bag/shoes and what not, but the amount of time you would see someone on the first tee with a thousand pounds worth of kit. yet they couldn't hit the ball for trying, it always made me giggle. the difference between golfers and bikers being they're not going to kill themselves playing golf.
i don't think people who mod firestorms are the issue because they seem to be more mature so to speak, the problem would be with people who have little to no expierience who go and buy the latest 1000cc sportsbike but they've only been riding for a few months. i speak from personal expierience i passed my test in 96 and went from a 125 to a cbr600 and in 1 week i had stacked it, totally down to lack of rider ability :lol:
i learnt my lesson and it was a painful one. i really think people should try additional rider training after passing there test, i did and it was fun and informative.
i hope everyone rides safe this summer :thumbup:
this is one of my points mate, I started on little bikes and worked my way up, and as I said I am not the best rider in the world or the fastest but I have something that money cant buy and thats a lot of road experience, and I done it on bikes that were within my riding ability at the time.

My original description was tongue in cheek but sadly true, I remember a group of these blokes all taking the piss out of a mate who bought a 250 instead of the latest litre bike, and my thought was " atleast he probably going to be alive next year, or without a limp ", the problem is theres a lot of hazards out there on a bike, so why ride something you cant.

The thing is though I had to sell a bike because of these people, I dont know if people remember but back in the late 90's there was a reborn biker craze?, and a lot of these 40 yr old reborns were buying 600cc upward after 20 yr breaks then killing or seriously hurtig themselves and smashing up the bikes, I bought myself a 1997 CBR600, I loved the bike, I had full no claims and my insurance was £350, but the time the reborn craze had hit is peak my insurance had doubled on renew, not because I had done anything but because of the reborns.

The Harley scene is usually stacked with people like this lifestylers with all the money and no clue, but luckily they dont buy bikes that do warp speed, a lot of them buy the big 16K Harleys and look down their nose at people like me who ride Sportster, calling them girls bikes or not proper Harleys, Twats.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

seb421 wrote:reading that BSM reminds it reminds me of the fool on the brand new gixxer

[youtube][/youtube]

If a new rider is stupid enough to jump on a new Gixxer thou or a S100RR etc etc and not treat it was absolute respect then they are ferking morons mate, no man / woman in a sane frame of mind could expect the power delivery of one such animal to be similar to that of the old clapped out 500 they past there test on

I think the biggest problems is with the cars my self, 17 year old lads young dumb and full of cum ragging about in a ton and half of metal, driving as close as they dare to the car or bike in front that's travelling at 30mph

its these flowers that need educating, there should be a limit as to what a new driver should be able to use, i mean its 21 for a full size bike, but at 17 I could jump in a Nissan 350z get real
100% agree mate, teenagers and parents wonder why they gotta pay 1000 for their premiums a lot of them are a meanace on the road.
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

personally i have modded my bike to suit me not anyone else. i am fitting 6 spokes because they look nice, ive raised the tail and lowered the front to make it do what i want it to be a bit easier than it was, cans sound nice. i need to stick decent springs in the forks because they are pap right now and thats it.

but what i think the OP means is referencing the bikes that look like the 'av it' one and the god awful white and pink mess that was on ebay not so long ago.