Where have the oldies gone - you know who you are

General Biker Banter
Jaglifter

Re: Where have the oldies gone - you know who you are

Post by Jaglifter »

I remember that bridge.
I thought, why is everybody slowing down, then decided to slow down myself, just in case they knew something I didn't.
Predictably they did - and I was still going too fast when I saw all the black marks and scarred tarmac on the other side!!
Luckily the storm kept its head, no thanks to me. My next thought was - what a tw@t I would have appeared if I'd binned it when we were all warned about it!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
simon t

Post by simon t »

Ha ha ha ha ha! Of course the hump-back bridge was deliberate - I was parked on the far side, watching the fun :-) Believe it or not, it used to be worse - aeons ago I trashed the steering rack on a Mini, on the way to Mallory Park.

This 'old one' is sunning himself in the south of France, on a permanant basis. Aching a bit at the moment, as I came off last week on the last remaining patch of ice. Happily I was on the TTR, which is built for that sort of treatment - if I'd been on the Fazer I'd still be crying.

As always, there's an open invitation to come down here - sunshine, great roads, beautiful scenery. What are you waiting for?

Si
tattie

Post by tattie »

Hi Si,
We should have a golden oldies page on this site where all the old duffers keep in touch :lol: It seems a lot are still lurking and only post when another old duffer posts something :biggrin
Sunning yourself in france, nice, mind you, it was 15 degrees here today, bees flying about and that. The ice is a bugger we had plenty of it a couple of weeks ago but now it seems spring is just around the corner.

Roll on the summer

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

OMG! The bridge :lol: :lol: :lol:

Si- Glad to hear you're okay after your spill and I'll vouch for that stunning scenery, excellent roads and sunshine and may I also add Fantastic Hospitality. :thumbup: I'm afraid I'll be staying a little more local to home again this year :evil: Bloody Recession :evil: But I'm determined to get another Euro trip in at some time.

Jag, I'm of firm belief that leather shrinks with age :lol:
I'm thinking of hitting north wales for a couple of days on the weekend of the 20th April. PM me if you want some details. Basic plan, up on Friday, B&B for the night. Local ride out Sat, one more night at the B&B and then head back Sunday :angel:

Iggy Said
I am very grumpy these days as I spend too much time at work and not enough out playing
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think that just goes with the territory these days. My wife recons if I didn't have anything to complain about I wouldn't have anything to say half the time. I keep hearing the name Victor Meldrew a lot too :wtf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Pete

Sorry can't do w/e 20 April. 22April is our wedding anniv. and its a biggie.
John
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Not to worry John.
There'll be other trips out I'm sure :thumbup:

and I'd better say congrats to your aniversary now cause I'm sure I'll forget by the time it arrives :clap:
:beer:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I'm still alive...

Weirdly, I bumped into SilverZipper in a motorway services and it got me nostalgic.

Still have the FireStorm, though sadly I haven't ridden it in a year.

Since I was last here, I've gotten a new job, new house, new girl, new baby and a new dog, so a lot has happened.

Babies really cut into the bike riding time, but as we both have bikes (she has an FZR600) we fully intend to get back into it once our daughter is a bit older.

I still hear from some of the folks I met through this site via Facebook though.

Cheers!
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
curly

Post by curly »

I remember that hump back bridge! 8O
Scared the sh1t out of me, first time I'd ever been airborne!!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Still lurk now and again.

After firesorm went to beemers, R1100S then K1300S now gone old man with a K1300GT

Gavin