Kevlar Jeans

General Biker Banter
Fletch89

Kevlar Jeans

Post by Fletch89 »

Thinking about getting some kevlar jeans for summer. Any one got any recommendations? A friend of mine had a pair of draggin jeans but he shrunk them in the wash.

Any good experience?

Ta
agentpineapple

Re: Kevlar Jeans

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm thinking the same fletch, would be helpful to hear of peoples experiences???
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have a set of draggin jeans and they are certainly well made and feel much more protective than normal jeans, but I havnt fallen off to test them so I don't know how to prove it.

Clearly they are heavier and hence hotter than your normal jeans, and they don't have armour so not as protective in a fall, but the Kevlar sections are substantial, and they should help reduce road rash.

I wear them for town work, or if I have the wife on the back or if we are going visiting, but if I am out playing it feels wrong without leather. And with all all the keprotec section in my leather trousers, they are cooler than the jeans!!!
AMcQ
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

I've got some grinfactor ones, they are nice and warm BUT the fit really isn't much good. They have quite good kevlar panels and pockets in the knees to take armour but they are quite a loose fit meaning the legs may slide round or up the legs when going down the road meaning you would lose the protection.

For me they are perfect for wearing on the monkey bike and knocking around the town on the storm but any longer trips will be wearing my proper gear. Might see if I can get them altered at some point.....

Post by Image »

For being cool when it's warm and warm when it's cool, leather is hard to beat. Only problem with leather pants is if you stray too far from your bike you look like a gay especially if you wear a leather hat and studs LOL.

Weirdest thing I've seen was on ebay, leather ladies biker knickers. Didn't buy em. Was outbid :roll: I think Fletch bought em :lol:
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

i,ve got a pair of draggin jeans that have been down the road twice,one was a proper off over off that resulted in a written off bike and the other was a slowish tumble,the jeans worked as they should and i would recomend them to anyone :thumbup: mine are only just starting to show signs of wear and they,re about 6yrs old
Fletch89

Post by Fletch89 »

thanks for the replies guys! Yeah i know what you mean, wouldn't wear them on longer trips, but it is nice to know that if you do go down the road in them they hold up! :D

Ohhhhh image you heard about that :oops: haha :lol:
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

I use these ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Motorcyc ... 84b7cbbb5a

Good fit. Not crash tested but the kevlar lining covers all the bits. I use them all year round as well, wintertime I put a cheap set of cammo trousers on underneath. Best bit of kit I bought for practicality and they're not too expensive.
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(