A good cheap helmet

General Bike chat
benny hedges

Re: A good cheap helmet

Post by benny hedges »

aside from all the expensive popular brands..... you might want to look at LS2 helmets...

my mate just bought one after trying one on - i was surprised at the quality & finish and its extremely light.
very good price for a carbon fibre lid.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/38036057 ... adtype=pla

i heard they are on sale atm at ghostbikes.co.uk as well :thumbup:
highly recommended!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Just bought a HJC Arpha-10 for £ 150 from Lids Direct Online The same lid in Ben Spies colours is £399. Light as a feather and fits as well as any lid I've owned. Comes with Helmet bag, spare visor, and Pinlock Visor insert. Bargain !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Currently using a Carbon Marushin. As lite as anything, the lightest lid I've worn. Comfy, quiet and less tyhan fibreglass Arai's Shoei's etc. Fit better too....for me. ACU Gold and Sharps 5 stars. 250 notes and a free tinted visor. The baldrocks as far as I'm concerned......

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

how much better does the gold badge make it? i was surprised to see a helmet in a dealers today with the gold race badge for £69.99.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

The ACU gold sticker is a legacy from the old days of BSI. the gold meant the helmet reached BSI type A standards. There used to be a silver one too. But that got dropped for some reason. Its al EEC standard now anyway so BSI is a bit defunct. A lot of the Track Day companies won't let you ride unless your helmet has an ACU gold sticker on it. If you race in the any races then your kit will be inspected the same as the bike. So it'll need the sticker. ACU stands for Auto Cycle Union.
boz

Post by boz »

MJONESY wrote:I like caberg lids to be honest, they fit the shape of my head and they are around the £120 mark,
I got a Caberg V2, mostly on the back of recommendations from a mate and the fact that its got 5 star ratings on Sharps. I used to have a Shoei Raid 2.

The Caberg has the worst wind lift I've ever come across, even in moderate conditions. Shoei beats it hands down on that.
The Caberg visor is bloomin terrible for steaming up. Shoei has the pinlock system included.
Sharps don't go in to comfort reviews. Shoei wins that again.
External noise is pretty minimal in the Shoei, pretty maximum in the Caberg.
I just can;t get on with that seat belt buckle arrangement on the Caberg. If you wear a balaclava/neck tube which goes under the strap, you gotta undo the bugeer and faff about to adjust it. Double D ring on the Shoei is best.
The only trick the Caberg has got it the internal sun visor, pretty handy.

Now back with a Shoei, gave my Caberg to the fire brigade for them to practice cutting the things off. There's the best use for the Caberg....over rated. Spend the extra FFS and get a quality lid as suggested already in the other posts.
CBR900rr Fireblade