Whats best cans for firestorm 2001

General Bike chat
Ride the world

Whats best cans for firestorm 2001

Post by Ride the world »

I have just returned to bikes after 16 years away, got myself a firestorm and was looking to change pipes. I want road legal but wanted to know what,s best option....What's best sound and performance without mot probs

Cheers
firestorm1997

Re: Whats best cans for firestorm 2001

Post by firestorm1997 »

I run Blue Flame twin ports on mine. removable baffles and a blanking plug. marked for road use and have had no problems with MOT other than advisory notice "Noisy exhaust".
Sounds awesome. I did get the carbs jetted once fitted and have had no issues since.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Greetings
without mot probs
They'll need to not have "NOT FOR ROAD USE" on em though they can be ground and polished off - or you could drill a few holes in the standard cans to give a bit more of a rumble.

You choice is determined on what's available as brand new cans are diminishing - What kind of finish are you after; Carbon, SS or Ally? Low mounts or high mounts?

Or if your feeling flush there is a company that will make custom ones for you

Keep an eye on the Sales & Wants section after you've posted 10 times and ebay for second-hand cans. And have a poke around the pimp my ride section to see different cans in place.

Also keep in mind you might need to rejet to maintain /improve performance esp if you use a different airfilter.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

firestorm1997 wrote:I run Blue Flame twin ports on mine. removable baffles and a blanking plug. marked for road use and have had no problems with MOT other than advisory notice "Noisy exhaust".
Sounds awesome. I did get the carbs jetted once fitted and have had no issues since.
+1 :thumbup: got em on mine, they do sound good :twisted:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I want a set of the cans Clivey has on his Orange storm. Custom carbon doofers he has. We were heading to Baisingstoke to watch Britfloyd last year and I was in front, Got to a nice bit of road and I opened the bike up, Clive done the same and all of a sudden, even though he was a good bit behind me, I could no longer hear my bike!

To say they are loud would be akin to saying the Titanic was sunk by an ice cube!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I have decided on some from these people, I just cant decide on the length or end cap, but they will be stainless and round, well its a start!

http://www.spengineering.co.uk/home.htm
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

if i was buying a new pair of cans, i'd be tempted by spengineering aswell, i love there carbon tri oval stubbys, and if ou could get them with high level link pipes, they would look stunning, but it brings up the old question of can carbon exhausts handle the pulses from the big v-twin engine, because i'm a fair weather rider who will probably only manage 3-4k a year, i wouldn't have a problem with carbon fibre, and they look the best........ :thumbup:
i got in touch with sp engineering and without link pipes they offered me 2 stubby tri ovals for £300 which was a good deal i thought, because your buying two cans and if you use your standard link pipes they might offer you a discount.
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
YETI

Post by YETI »

wot ever you do , DONT !! buy those butcherd supposedly yoshimura cans
which are actually MORIWAKI , on ebay COS THERE SCREWED :thumbdown:
Sandyback

Post by Sandyback »

Just before Christmas I bought a set of British made stainless cans from "FUEL". Think they cost <£260 delivered - but were on offer.
Really nice quality, removable baffles, can't wait for spring!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/dsc09310au.jpg/]Image[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
futterbingers

Post by futterbingers »

I'd say don't go for high levels unless you never put throwovers on - I lost a Furygan jacket that way -

Exhaust 1 - Me 0
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

These is mine with QUILL. Just fit them on and carry on as normal, easy no probs with MOT

Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Sandyback wrote:Just before Christmas I bought a set of British made stainless cans from "FUEL". Think they cost <£260 delivered - but were on offer.
Really nice quality, removable baffles, can't wait for spring!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/dsc09310au.jpg/]Image[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

I have a set of those. OK with the baffles in, better with them out. Not too obvious or antisocial. Mine went through and MoT without the baffles. The only comment from the tester......."Nice"
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

YETI wrote:wot ever you do , DONT !! buy those butcherd supposedly yoshimura cans
which are actually MORIWAKI , on ebay COS THERE SCREWED :thumbdown:
elaborate mate cos ive just made an offer !
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTR-1000-Fire ... 542wt_1365

Hopefully for a lot less than he's asking for, and a less than what I got these for... :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160734250548? ... 500wt_1146
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

Wicky wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTR-1000-Fire ... 542wt_1365

Hopefully for a lot less than he's asking for, and a less than what I got these for... :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160734250548? ... 500wt_1146
mmm ! you dont like them !??
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?