Proflex rear shock

General Biker Banter
stormingjoe

Proflex rear shock

Post by stormingjoe »

If you get it serviced use proflexuk only as the wait for parts can be along time if you use other rebuilders, as the parts come from Holland. Use any spring that will fit.

Podgey on a bike :)
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
Steve6088

Re: Proflex rear shock

Post by Steve6088 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:the seller just got back to me saying the shock was in to bad a condition to sell so he chucked it away, not such an honest bloke then, he ain't even got the balls to say he's sold it to someone else and made an extra tenner, he doesn't know what i know, i might start messing with him just for fun of it..... :lol:
What a cheeky git. :eek2
stormingjoe wrote:If you get it serviced use proflexuk only as the wait for parts can be along time if you use other rebuilders, as the parts come from Holland. Use any spring that will fit.

Podgey on a bike :)
Okay thanks. I'll bare that in mind. To be honest, I'll probably end up just getting it resprung and see how it is.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I got the shock through the other day. The spring is rusty as hell on it so it definatly needs replacing.

I dont know anyting about shocks. I've been looking around at replacement springs to fit to it. The spring is a different size than the stock spring.

Does anybody know where I could go about getting a replacement spring for it. The only details I have for it is that it is 6inches long. is there anywhere which could supply me a spring to fit with these details?

Thanks
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

er Proflex....

http://www.proflexuk.com/

To get it functioning and looking as it was originally fitted then look at getting it fully serviced/rebuilt and set up for your riding style & weight etc.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts