My bike died last night.

General Bike chat
freshfunkmeister

My bike died last night.

Post by freshfunkmeister »

Dear all, popping to my mates house last night (10 miles away), the 'storm died on me. I had changed the oil and filter 2 days ago and it was running very sweetly indeed. Anyway, I stopped at some lights and noticed a funny kind of sloppy metallic sound. About 200 yards later, all powere had gone and the engine was no longer running (fortunately I had slowed down to about 10mph for a mini-roundabout). I thumbed the starter and was rewarded with a horrible metallic thrashing sound. Needlesss to say, I didn't do THAT again. SO, there we are. One dead bike. It is booked in for the 29th at Dobles. Anyone have any idea what is wrong ? Also, how can I get the bike to the garage ? If anyone has a loading ramp I could borrow to get the bike into a hire van, that would be appreciated ( i would pay for the inconveniance, of course). Thanks fellow stormers.
As soon as I read about the dangers of drinking too much, I immediately gave up reading.

www.classicreplicasuk.co.uk

All donations will go towards the completion of the car. Thank you.
tony.wilde1

sorry to hear

Post by tony.wilde1 »

:cry: sounds like yer cct has gone mate.only guessing from the noises you describe.i'd guess at the front one.sorry to hear anyway. :cry:
Bink

Post by Bink »

That sounds like the 'rattle of Death' .... A.K.A. CCT failure ...

Let's hope you did not do any damage to the engine...
No damage is cheap fix .... Just replace the CCT's. But if you damaged some valves & con rodes your looking at a lean Christmas :cry:
RQ

Post by RQ »

Without a doubt the CCT gone mate. Not the end of it all luckily. Same happened to me and I was depressed for a week at the thought of all kinds of spaghetti inside in me motor.

Took a big chance, whipped the old one out, new one in, and off I went again. The sane amongst us will be screaming "NOOOOOOO Don't do it that way!!!!!!" Aragh, shamrocks and all that, worked for me both times I did the front one. :wink:
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
t00lkit

CCTs

Post by t00lkit »

What age and mileage has your storm done?

I'm getting a bit paranoid, mines done 5k miles - no failures yet!
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
dodds

Post by dodds »

dont get to paranoid mine went last week, but that was after 25,000 miles!!!
BP team

Post by BP team »

i say it too, don't get paranoid! mine just reach 65000KM / up to 38000 miles. i have changed my CCT at 29-30000 miles.

just change it before 35000 (as i think it's the best) or when you'll begin to hear a little chain sound arround the engine.
with good cct, be sure your bike will go far and is spite of the changing CCT cost, think about changing more parts after the cam chain died...

Oliv'
RQ

Post by RQ »

Salut Oliv!
Où vous étaient? Nous avons pensé vous avait disparu!

My first one went at 19000, and the rear at 25000, then the front one again at 26500 (miles)
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
BP team

Post by BP team »

je viens sur le forum de discution de temps en temps meme si je ne poste pas (i comme sometimes on the board even if i didn't reply to the subject). I need time too, to come often there! But always happy to speak with you! :wink:
I depends on the subject too, especially since i only red bike chat and sometime general chat...

A tres bientot sur le forum!
:wink: Oliv'
freshfunkmeister

Post by freshfunkmeister »

My stoem has done approx 41,000 miles now. I asked them to check it at the last service (38,000) and they said it was fine. Bugger. I will be having words withthem when I take it in this Thursday.
As soon as I read about the dangers of drinking too much, I immediately gave up reading.

www.classicreplicasuk.co.uk

All donations will go towards the completion of the car. Thank you.
W@zzA

cct

Post by W@zzA »

I see RQ has had a rear CCT go! Has anybody else had a rear go :?: I thought it was just the front that has problems!

Warren
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.
kingster

do rear ccts go?

Post by kingster »

replaced front twice (first time by previous owner, second after failure), but rear is original after 50,000kms (import).
always try and put youself in a position to take advantage of the available luck!