AP's project.....UPDATE

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
agentpineapple

Re: BSM's project.....

Post by agentpineapple »

time for an update.
things are going slowly as problems crop up and need to be solved or changed.
so far i've decided to ditch the spondon swingarm in favor of the original item, which i might get braced at a later date.
i had to sell the gilles rearsets because they wouldn't fit my moddified spondon frame, not the end of the world because i've got a pair of harris rearsets to replace them.
i've now fitted the cbr954 shocks and yokes, they fit very nicely, but they have thrown up two problems. firstly i will have to source a pair of clip ons that have a rise of about 2 inches to clear the fairing. and secondly i gotta find a front wheel spindle to fit the 954 forks to the cbr900 wheels, which is a pain in the butt.
who said it would be easy, the bloody liars.
i just bought a new hagon shock which was reasonable and with the original having done 30k+ to the best of my knowledge and because i'm a big lump i thought it best.
the bikes slowly going back together to see how it rides before being stripped down again and then it will be off to the powder coaters in hackney.
i've now got a full set of race fairings and i'm not 100% what paint scheme i'm going for. i like the honda legends paint scheme from the iom tt.
but who knows it will be a month or so before i need to decide.
but if i cant find a bloody spindle i might have to sell the wheels and get a set of cbr954 wheels and they ain't cheap at the moment.
oh and i'm waiting for a big bore titanium exhaust to arrive, can't wait to hear it on the bike

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9659/imgp0002al.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/32/imgp0003yk.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4261/imgp0004b.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7341/imgp0005i.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/92/imgp0006iu.jpg
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Where did you get and what did you pay for the Ti zorst?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Hi Marty it's coming slowly but sure, going in the right direction. :thumbup:
RIDE TO ENJOY
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi tony the exhausts were on ebay a couple of weeks ago from the isle of man honda dealer, they wanted £350+ and i ended up getting them down to £275 for a full large bore titanium exhaust, it should arrive in the next couple of days, i so want to hear it on the bike. when it arrives i'll post some pictures, i just hope its a decent bit of kit and i wont be dissapointed.....lol
hi geoff, it's getting there, once the exhaust is on, i will only have 2 hurdles to overcome 1st front wheel spindle (might have to get one made up) and 2nd i gotta get a pair of clip ons with a good inch or two rise to them to clear the fairing properly.
once thats done she gets a test ride before being stripped again and off to the powder coaters and painters.
i've 99% decided on the look of the bike, i going to go down the race endurance route, with race fairings and single or double (one on top of the other)projector headlights. i hope it's going to look good but you never know.
it was going to be white with black frame and swingarm if i was going with the original fairings, but because i fancy the race look i don't think white will look good, i reckon either red or maybe orange with black frame and swingarm.....hmmmm
i'm open to suggestions guys????????

more pictures to follow by the end of the week........ :thumbup:

time for a massive thunder storm (not a firestorm)in london.........lol
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi everyone
its been awhile since i updated this thread, so here goes.
the bikes almost there, its about to be sprayed and i've decided on a 2002 fireblade blue with either black of silver decals. i'm keeping the bike pretty standard at the moment as far as bodywork is concerned, the spondon frame is going to be given a brushed steel finish instead of polished which it is at the moment, but the rear subframe/exhaust hangers/swingarm and wheels will all be powder coated black.
the bike handles great with the 2002 fireblade front end which includes the blade front wheel and 320mm front brake discs.
i'm waiting for tony mon to get back to me with a braced and powder coated swingarm (thanks for your help with that and the lightened flywheel tony).
heres a link to a short video of the bike in it's current state before it gets sprayed in the next week or two.

the colour i've chosen is the same colour as the front mudguard, i love the sound of the full titanium big bore race exhaust, it's soooo loud, its just aswell i know a very sympathetic mot tester otherwise i'd be buggered. the bikes got a k&n filter and i've got to fit a dynojet kit yet and get it setup on a dyno.
i've also got a few carbon bits and bobs to go on it.
harris carbon front mudguard
art carbon frame protectors
carbonardi carbon engine covers, both sides.
fibrelyte carbon yoke and speedo protectors
art carbon fibre tank pad
cabon fibre fuel cap cover

i might still purchase the coerce carbon fibre lowers from america but they're £250 delivered and i'm not sure if it will fit with the bigger diameter exhaust i've got, i've had to modify the side stand as it is because the race exhaust wasn't designed with a sidestand in mind.
at some point in the future i have a race single seat unit and race rear subframe to fit but that won't be until next year, thats if i decide to do it at all, i might just keep the bodywork standardish, i also bought a new hagon rear shock and i'm very impressed with it, i might do the same as tony and put a r&g shock tube on it to protect it from the crap on our roads. i'm also on the look out for a tinted screen either flip up or double bubble and a pair of original mirrors, i sold my pair on the forum and have now changed my mind doh!!!!!!!!
the bike might get rodgered towards the end of next year if i can save up enough money that is, anyway i'll keep updating this thread over the next few weeks/months, it's always good to have a look and see what people are doing with there bikes.
in the next couple of weeks i will be listing several parts for sale some original and some aftermarket, some new and some used, theres a fair few bits i've bought and decided not to use for one reason or another, so keep an eye on the sales and wants section if your interested.
ttfn guys and girls............
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Looking good there BSM. Good to see another Candy Tahitian Blue VTR on the forum! The front end looks good on the bike, has it made much difference to the handling?
Once again, well done :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheers kev
i haven't had a chance to give it a ride in anger yet, but it feels great and my mechanic says its one of the best handling bikes he's put together, which is high praise indeed considering he owns a 175bhp zx10r and has built loads of bikes over the last 30 years, i've got to get used to the harris rearsets because they are set very high and i'm a big lump and i'm not so bendy after my accident hahaha.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: BSM's project.....UPDATE

Post by sirch345 »

Well done Marty :clap: I bet you're glad to see the bike back together and now ridable again :D
It should look great with the new paint job,

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheers chris
its just about getting there, the mirrors arrived today aswell as the new battery and i've just ordered the original decals from honda, 4x stickers £55 i was shocked until my mate who has a gsxr600 told me the word suzuki sticker on his bike costs £100 from the main dealer.........
paint should be done next week and then i'm waiting for tony mon to bring me my braced swingarm....woohoo!
i might do the rear number boards in white with a black boarder....hmmmm
i've also got to fit the dynojet kit and get it dyno'ed so there's still a bit to do, maybe it will be finished for christmas and it could be my present to myself.
i'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys at a workshop day when the next one comes round....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Some money eh Marty for those sticker/decals. Like you say, a good job your bike is not a Suzuki :)

Still some jobs left to do, but I'm sure you'll appreciate all your hard work once it's finished. Then you'll have a bike that is unique :thumbup:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

just a little update.
after much hassle i've bought the paint Candy Tahitian Blue, i ended up taking the original decals back to the honda main dealer, a total waste of time, i ended up getting my decals from bumble-signs.
i bought a new and cheap dark double bubble screen £25 from ebay and i'm very pleased with it, i've also got hold of a talon 15t front sprocket and a 42t supersprox rear sprocket, that should make things a bit lively, i should be getting the braced powdered coated swingarm from tony next week, together with a polished sprocket carrier.
muppett should be recieveing the velocity stacks from the usa soon, so they will be going on the bike together with the dynojet kit.
i'm hoping the respray will begin soon, but my painter is very busy at the moment and i'm in no great rush.
i looking to get the bike to a dyno specalist once its been rebuilt/resprayed, i decided a little while ago that i want my bike to have more midrange and less top end, i'm not to interested in 140+mph.
so i will be doing the airbox mod once i've bought a dremmel.
here's the list of items i hope will make the bike more grunty.
--------------------------------------
lightened flywheel
full big bore titanium exhaust
airbox mod
longer velocity stacks
-1 front and +1 rear sprockets
dynojet kit
k&n filter
superchips module
-------------------------------------
i'll be throwing the lot at the bike and see whhat happens.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

what are you doing to mod the air box bsm ?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mick in canada told me about cutting out a length of plastic from inside the airbox, it's supposed to smooth out the airflow within the airbox, once the strip of plastic is cut out, i will have to smooth over what is left behind. i saw a picture of it somewhere, if i can find it i'll post it.
i might have seen the picture on the superhawk forum?
i believe a few of the forum members have done this mod.......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
stormingjoe

BSM's project.....UPDATE

Post by stormingjoe »

No cutting Marty, unscrew flap from the top off the lid, only cut if keeping standard filter as there is a ridge along the front where the element is moulded in.

Podgey on a bike :)
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheers for that stormingjoe, i've got a k&n filter so it should just be a unscrew jobby then?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!