Aluminium velocity stacks

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
agentpineapple

Re: Aluminium velocity stacks

Post by agentpineapple »

if i can find someone whose prices are reasonable i would like to spend half a day at a dyno to set my bike up, and i'll try and include a before and after with the velocity stacks, there are a couple of dyno places within 2 minutes of where i live, but i want someone who comes highly recomended, i'm in central london but i don't mind travelling to find the right people.
any suggestions?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
rob...

Post by rob... »

my mate bill is a sh1t hot dyno-man. he uses a pukka dynajet dyno, and used to build drag race motors for Big CC before he had a big off a couple of years ago. now runs a tuning/rebuild shop with dyno.
bit of a ride for you though, somerset, just the wrong side of the M5.
or tim blakemore in bristol is sh1t-hot too, but probably a bit more pricy.
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I use HM racing, in Edenbridge, Kent.

Definitely recommended, they really know their stuff and the dyno guy knows Storms pretty well, and how to set them up properly. He's done mine many times, trying various ideas.

Not too expensive, either, they'll do a set of runs for only a few pounds more than a single run.
Give Steve a call and have a chat, they'll give you sensible advice and don't try to convince you to spend more than you thought you would.

http://www.hmracing.co.uk/default.asp
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheers guys i'll give the guys in kent a ring first, purely because there closer, although i've got friends near bristol so i wouldn't rule them out either....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Just remember to adjust the fueling to get accurate comparison results. Having run these for two years now, I think you will be quite happy with yoru investment......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

Fitting this at the same time, it's a little lighter 8O

Firestorm Lightened Flywheel by stormingjoe, on Flickr
Firestorm Lightened Flywheel by stormingjoe, on Flickr :thumbup:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sh1t how much did you take off it :0

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

Total weight now is 2.08kg, quite a bit lighter :thumbup: short, back and sides lol
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Keep us informed on how it affects the pick up
And I hope the engine don't spin backwards when the air box farts

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i've already had tony fit a lightened flywheel to my bike, it revs so much faster now, but its made the riding expierence a touch different if anything its now trickier to ride, but still loads of fun. once i've fitted the velocity stacks i will then fit the superchips module i bought off of ebay earlier this year, which means i can raise the rev limit a little bit amongst other thing.
together with the dj kit/k&n filter and full titanium exhaust it will be interesting to see what comes out of the dyno fettling
i might do the airbox mod aswell while i'm at it......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
muppet

Post by muppet »

:twisted: Let this be a lesson to all, if buying from the states make sure you discuss with the seller what he puts down as final value for the items, i ve just been hit with a bill of £102.44 for the 4 sets of velocity stacks thats £8.00 handling,£17.31 import duty and £77.13 for fu***ng VAT, obviously i will have to pay this and it will delay me being able to get them out to you as i need to find some money, so bigspanishmarty,storming jo and amcq46 please accept my appologise i will sort it out as soon as i can.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that is a bit of a bugger, but I will send you a pay pal for my share of the extra VAT :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Like they don't take enough out of our pockets on a daily basis, BAS*ARDS :evil:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

Can't send owt more till payday, what will the extra be?

Podgey on a bike :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

next time we want small things from USA get them delivered to one of my mates in Detroit, and either he or I will bring them into UK as samples. worst case it might add a month to delivery, but the VAT man has enough of my money already
AMcQ