Dont laugh....moment of madness!

General Bike chat
marravtr

Re: Dont laugh....moment of madness!

Post by marravtr »

that looks nice mate, my mates got a 2008 gs 1200, and he has no trouble keeping up! and leaving a lot for dead! :twisted: he's also got another set of wheels with nobblies for quick change off road fun, he went from a 2008 blade to this and said he cant see him goin back to a sports bike now :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

marravtr wrote:that looks nice mate, my mates got a 2008 gs 1200, and he has no trouble keeping up! and leaving a lot for dead! :twisted: he's also got another set of wheels with nobblies for quick change off road fun, he went from a 2008 blade to this and said he cant see him goin back to a sports bike now :wink:
I think BM are laughing all the way to the bank so many people I know are swapping to less focussed bike, not just the BM's but KTM and Speed Triples. Its funny though because BM also make the most ridiculous road bike available...... the S1000RR, I have never ridden a road bike with so much performance that is unuseable and that is coming from a Gixxer thou owner with 171rwbhp! I blagged a go on my mates Speed Triple and I really enjoyed it, it started me thinking of what the hell I wanted from my riding. I remembered fondly riding the 2008 BM so gave the new model a go...the rest is history. And as a side note the Firestorm also falls into the category of brilliant road bikes :thumbup:
Stay safe and hope to meet up for a brew....I have some miles to cover running this baby in :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
mattster

Post by mattster »

Excellent choice there Beamish!

One of those is currently top of my bike wishlist - A Ducati-riding/racing mate of mine just traded in his nearly-new 848 for one. He absolutely loves it. Handles like a dream and still lets him leave all but the quickest riders for dead on any A-road. :shifty: :thumbup:

Me? Jealous? Just a bit... :thumbdown:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Thanks mate, I am loving just rode it home 5500rpm max at the mo though :angel:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'