Fuel light.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Serlant

Fuel light.

Post by Serlant »

Hiya, I am currently undergoing a few mods to my VTR, i have removed the gauges and have added some LED lights one for the neutral light, the oil light the indis and the fuel light, But i have been unable to get the fuel light to work, the light just stays on permanently, I am using a 2 prong LED, can anyone give me some guidance?
Leachy

Re: Fuel light.

Post by Leachy »

Have you fitted the low fuel sensor circuit board?
Have you got manual on pdf? would be easier, for example the exploded diagram for the clocks (on pg351 on my pdf)(may vary but it'll be close) it clearly shows a control board between the incoming wires from the harness and the LED and if you have fitted the board you could then use low fuel indicator sysem inspection guide (pg367) to check your system through, if you haven't fitted the board that could well be your answer. let me know if haven't a manual and i'll post the guide or alterantively check some of the threads in here sure someone's already posted a downloadable manual or link to it.

hope this helps,

Leachy
Absolutely Sodding Bloody typical!!!