General Biker Banter
snipper

is it me

Post by snipper »

benny hedges

Re: is it me

Post by benny hedges »

yes.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Subjectivity is a wonderful thing init! BSM put this on earlier as an example of a cool transformation. I think it looks good and can admire the workmanship. Roland Sands took a V5 Moto GP bike and customised the living f**k out of it to arrive at a flat tracker. Didn't (couldn't?) improve the performance but did it because he could. Since people put wheels and engines together others have altered them, and long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. Isn't that what the rideouts were about last week?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Much as admire Honda's workmanship, design expertise and skill, I'd hate to ride in to a meet and find another bike that looked like mine, so I'm all for customisation and individualisation.
After all, we all have different riding styles and usage, so if we change anything it'll to make it "better"- better that is, for ourselves, to meet our own needs.
If I were to still be using mine to commute i would consider quieter exhausts, and engine mods to increase torque, at the expense of horsepower.
If I was only doing trackdays, maybe the opposite.

Take higher/wider bar conversions as an example.

I'll get one sooner or later, (once I've finished playing with Storms, and it won't stay standard for long :biggrin :biggrin

Anyway, your bike stops being standard as soon as you change the tyres.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Not sure if anyone else will like my Ducati 750ss cafe racer conversion

I am sure there will be some controversy but I reckon it will be good

Same with this
snipper

Post by snipper »

im not against custom work ........ its just the butt end looks pants to me

i do like the way he has kept the twin pipes though
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just like buses, you wait for ages to see a customised SP1 and two "originals" appear on the Bay within a day.
Is this one any more to your liking guys?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR-100 ... 1c1f777d0e

:D
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

not sure, i think the colour scheme doesn't suit, funny thing is i love the standard white sp2. i like the gp cans, i think tony said it the best, bikes are different and individual and everyone has their own opinion of what they like and don't like.
i have an open mind on what a bike can look like and i think it would be boring if all bikes were bog standard, but on the other hand some bikes look the mutts nuts as standard for example the ducati 916!!!
lets hope the euro nutters bugger off with their stupid rules and regs.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I like it
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I like it apart from the kicked up rear end, it just does not go with the style of bike, although I cant think of a style that it does look good on!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

Exhaust at rear end is cack, but the rest is fine, Honda should have built this!
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Kev L wrote:Just like buses, you wait for ages to see a customised SP1 and two "originals" appear on the Bay within a day.
Is this one any more to your liking guys?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR-100 ... 1c1f777d0e

:D
Oh yes!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Yugh - too many conflicting lines & styles.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

No.... the tail end is all wrong :thumbdown:
AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

I'm all for customising and individuality, It's nice to see different types and styles of bikes, whether old or new I always stop to admire them when I see any and also take on board the imagination / workmanship and engineering involved in the creation :thumbup: much nicer than a boring row of Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yams, like 1000 or 600 clones all taken from the same master plan, like some fashion item :Mad2: :Mad2:
People should buy whatever they like but for one reason only, because they like it and enjoy riding it regardless of it’s handling or it's performance figures given by some to**er or by the bullsh** magazines, If you like it and you get on with it then just learn to ride it properly and take it’s character for what it is :Argue 1:

Well that's my rant over with, so back to the SP2 in question, In my opinion the VTR SP1 and 2 are both lovely machines :) and should be left alone, why try and mess with something that's already been perfected my Mr Honda / HRC :D
Think about it, when a special bike like these come along why do most people looking for one always want a bike that's not been messed with, when it's special it should left alone,
Who’d want a BSA goldstar that had been cut up and messed with rather than a nice untouched one :confused like a say just my opinion :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost