Workshop in Yorkshire

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lloydie

Workshop in Yorkshire

Post by lloydie »

I'm waiting for the next westmiddlands wsd lol bit far for me to travel

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
darkember

Re: Workshop in Yorkshire

Post by darkember »

lloydiecbr wrote:I'm waiting for the next westmiddlands wsd lol bit far for me to travel

Not that far. About 2 hrs from there. I'm looking at 4 hrs as is Tony
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

And we have some nice warm sofas to doss on!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

lloydiecbr wrote:I'm waiting for the next westmiddlands wsd lol bit far for me to travel

Waiting for the next one?

It doesnt seem to me like these workshops occur very often, but if we all waited for one in our area, I dont think there would ever be one. Someone mentioned workshop day and I think at some point holding it at AMCQs garage in Midlands was discussed. If it had have been there, I would have travelled down there to take part, and im sure Flatline and some of the others would have too.

To get a good minimum number of bikes, someone is going to have to travel. It seems to me that Tony is willing to travel from Kent, and Darkember from Wales to make this happen but no one else is willing, it's a real shame as winter is fast approaching now and chances will be very limited.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just a thought here - but would another weekend be an option?

17th Sept only gives us a week and a half.

AFAIK - there are at least 2 others who cant make this date but sound interested (Snoogle and BigVeeGrin).

If we arranged a date that Tony and the rest of us can do, maybe first of October or 8th October then it might work better? Plus give people a little more time to get their parts organised and hopefully will be right side of pay day for others?

Just a thought...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:

Waiting for the next one?

It doesnt seem to me like these workshops occur very often, but if we all waited for one in our area, I dont think there would ever be one. Someone mentioned workshop day and I think at some point holding it at AMCQs garage in Midlands was discussed. If it had have been there, I would have travelled down there to take part, and im sure Flatline and some of the others would have too.

To get a good minimum number of bikes, someone is going to have to travel. It seems to me that Tony is willing to travel from Kent, and Darkember from Wales to make this happen but no one else is willing, it's a real shame as winter is fast approaching now and chances will be very limited.
I did have one, but it was April :thumbdown: I will do another one I promise, but I dont have much free time at the moment..........so might be next April at this rate

We had a similar problem on what is the number of people that will make it worthwhile, and then there was a number who fell by the wayside at the last min. [although Lloydie managed to find my house without being invited].
AMcQ
darkember

Post by darkember »

8th of October is fine for me as well :thumbup:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Happy to go along with what most can do
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Alright, it seems best that we cancel this one and rearrange for either a later date this year, or in the spring.

Valve clearances can wait until then, fork rebuilds might, depending on whether there's a leak, but the CCT's should be done asap. Maybe a local will help you to do those.

My fluffy dice will have to go in the washing machine.... :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
darkember

Post by darkember »

Is it defo a cancel?? Pity :sad2 was looking forward to meeting up. My CCt's can wait as they are manuals anyways. As mentioned before I'm also ok for weekend October the 8th.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Ok guys, just been speaking to Budd. We are going ahead with the workshop on 17/18 Sept

Whilst we won't have Tony's expertise for valves or equipment for carb balancing we can do other stuff like cct's

You are still welcome to doss down at my place

Who's still up for it?
Miztaziggy

Workshop in Yorkshire

Post by Miztaziggy »

I'm still up for it. If no one with valve experience will be there I won't be doing much with my bike, but will be there and try to give you guys doing your CCTs a hand.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

If ziggy is confident doing the CCT setting then that sorts out the short term risk. as Tony said, all the other bits can delayed without any fear of damage.

It is still worth fitting the vac take off on the front intake when you have the airbox off when doing CCT, so if there is time order 4 from carbtune. once the pipe work is in, doing the balance is easy.

I can post my balance gauge up if anybody wants to try it
AMcQ
budd

Post by budd »

OK that sounds like a plan, who's in?
AMCQ46 wrote:
It is still worth fitting the vac take off on the front intake when you have the airbox off when doing CCT, so if there is time order 4 from carbtune. once the pipe work is in, doing the balance is easy.

I can post my balance gauge up if anybody wants to try it
BTW basically what's involved in carb balancing? do you need something to tap into the balance pipe and connect the balancing gauge ?
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... 30#p148551

have a look through teh workshop knowledge base, thre are lots of good info there, and you should print out the CCT removal instructions
AMcQ