What tyres?

General Bike chat
storminateacup

Re: What tyres?

Post by storminateacup »

Pilot Sports :thumbup:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

After a good few years on trusty BT021's I'm now on Dunlop Sporsmarts & am impressed so far :D

John
geodude

Post by geodude »

I did 30k on my storm before getting rid of it. I went through a set of 020, 2 sets of PR2 and put a new set of PR2 on it.

I was annoyed with the squaring off at 4k on the 020 and was recommended to try pilot road 2 as they have a much harder compound down the middle and soft and squidgy sides.

They are awesome tyres and the first set lasted 6k before starting to show any signs of squaring and that was only slight. Went on for another 2.5k too. The maybe expensive but imo, worth the money. Great in wet and dry conditions.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

had pilot road 2 on mine and didnt like them so took them off after 1000 mile (or less)
it went well on maxxis m6029 sports touring tyres for 4k+
supercorsas - awesome tyres, swore i wouldnt use anything else after using them and got 5700 from the rear, still had some tread left but got a puncture so currently using michelin power one 2ct & what can i say.... absolutely brilliant...
i was a bit wary in the wet but as the lads will testify they didnt slow me down in the rain at the last meet :roll:

whatever you get, shop around for a pair deal, preferably fitted, as fitting can set you back £30+ for the pair.

imo you are much better off with a 2ct over a single compound, for longevity and grip.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
matinik46

Post by matinik46 »

I just got a set of pilot roads online for 148 deliverd,plus 20quid to fit at my local fitter.
never used them before but good results so far 500miles.
dunno how long they are gona last?
insider

Post by insider »

not to sound like an idiot,and I know it's dumb, BUT:
has anybody mounted a 200 tyre on a VTR?
will it rub against the chain guard or the swingarm?
I have an opportunity to get some tyres cheap,that 's why i am asking
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

I believe it slows the handling fitting larger rears.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.