Re: Halfords - Paint

Best deals in town
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Same applied to me when i needed paint for my Daytona ,the chap in Halfords couldn't have been more helpfull ,he spent ages getting a colour match ,and also gave me a wee touch-up bottle for free :)
I actually like Halfords ,you can get right in amongst the tools etc, rather than stretching over a counter to see them :!:
Stevie
Stu

Post by Stu »

I agree they are most helpful at our paint dept too. Also agree with the toolsand thatit is a great plae to stat off and not too expensive to get a decent amount oftools - yeahthey might not be the best quality but also don't cost a bomb - my trackday tool kit was about £60 inc box - for occasional use its ideal

My only grief was with the parts side and they are rather clueless -and will argue somethng doesn't exsist if not on their magical screen - even if youy have the part in your hand :roll:
seantopbloke

Post by seantopbloke »

I am a fan of Halfords paint dept, i have been using their paints for DIY paintjobs/repairs since the 1980's, worst experience i ever had was a grotty little oik in suffolk look at me when i spoke outside his bandwith, The question being

" excuse me mate, you dont seem to have the colour i require in stock, can you mix me a can or do i have to wait for a delivery ?"

To which came the reply "uhhhhh, duhhhhhhh?????????? whooooooooooooo, aarrrrrrrgh,sssssssppppppppptttt...Dunno" He then proceeded to run off looking at me like i offered him my hand in marriage ???????? :confused
Perhaps he didnt understand my accent ?

Anyway i managed to find someone loosely coherent who was able to deal with my request(delivery).

I even used them to get a gasket set for a corsa which was at a reasonable price.
Well done so far at Halfords.
:clap:
Its the sound of thunder at the back end that makes me smile at the front end !