Hi everyone

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Robestos

Hi everyone

Post by Robestos »

Hi There.
Just wanted to introduce myself as im about to be the owner of a 1998 S Reg firestorm in Red with around 35K on it.Due to collect it 11Th of may. Any adive or anything i need to know? Owned a Fazer 600 for a few years before, this is my 3rd bike, first big V-Twin. Looking forward to it as it makes a great sound,and should suit my lazy style, dont like the high revving fours as by the time they rev up your going far too fast to appreciate it! Not actually ridden it yet so feeling brave,but hopefully all should be well. So yeah thats me, sell cars for a living dunno what else to say now lol.

Rob
Eclectic

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Eclectic »

Welcome to the forums rob, and Congrats on the purchase.
Standard replies for a new owner are check the R/R to see if its been replaced with a finned model as the original parts tend to overheat and cause problems.

Then its the CCT's... check if they have been replaced for manual ones or if the stopper mod has been done. This and everything else can be found in the workshop forum matey.

Now get some pics up so we can see.the beast :D
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Rob :thumbup:
A bit late with any advise for you on your new bike, seeing as you're meant to be getting her today :oops: Eclectic has covered the main two faults, and there's plenty on those in the Workshop Knowledgebase.

Anymore questions you'd like answers to, post up in the Workshop section :)

Chris.
Robestos

Post by Robestos »

Well i've picked her up, collected at 12, i think i got in at about half 10.lol.Wrists are a bit stiff from the ride, particularly my left hand, i think the clutch is heavier than im used to.Overwise loving it, so flexible, could pretty much leave it in 2nd or 3rd gear and it would cope with everything :thumbup: .went on a ride out with a DRZ 400 and a CBF125 so god knows what we must have looked liked!lol. I'll post some pics in some section, ill find one lol.Only slight downside was the 125 girl hit a car in a car park and came off, bit of a sad end to the day, but shes just bruised a few ribs.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Welcome Rob :thumbup:
Dig the tag. :lol:
Glad the lassie isn't too badly hurt.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Robestos

Post by Robestos »

Actually just had an update on her, after an X-ray several brokwen ribs and a broken thumb. Think she landed on the curb on her side :( poor thing.But yes loving the bike and looking forward to some stories on the forum.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome, its a great bike you will love it. suits all mood, can be gentle, or can be hrashed.

Oh and your wrists will get used to it, but you need to:
a) adjust the levers so your wrists are in a natural [straight line with forearms] line when you use brake or clutch.
b) learn to grip less tight
c) support your upper body with your knees dont just lean on the bars [very important when braking]
d) go faster, then the wind will support you..............if you ride round town all day it will get sore......
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Robestos wrote:Actually just had an update on her, after an X-ray several brokwen ribs and a broken thumb. Think she landed on the curb on her side :( poor thing.But yes loving the bike and looking forward to some stories on the forum.
oh dear, pass on our regards.. pics of her ribs will be welcomed by all :D
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Robestos

Post by Robestos »

Not quite sure how i'd get them without getting in major trouble!lol. Getting much more used to it now played with the levers a little, notice the clucth was too far to the left so loosend it so it sits where it should and its much better. definately much better on the open road. Dealer has promised a cheap set of Viper cans and link pipes, not sure if they are any good?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i had viper carbon cans on mine when i binned it.
they are nice & loud and do help it breathe better.
get them on!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Vipers are great, and recommended.
I have a pair on my no 2 Storm, wish the no 1 bike sounded that good....
But I have to stay quiet until after my next track day; then back on with the carbon cans sans baffle material.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Miztaziggy

Hi everyone

Post by Miztaziggy »

Welcome mate

Any aftermarket cans are worth having, even if you don't like the sound, sell them and get a couple hundred for them if in good nik.