Hey from plymouth!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Serlant

Hey from plymouth!

Post by Serlant »

Hey all! picked up a not so shiny 1998 VTR1000 F on 16th april for a grand total of £1000, if theres anyone here in the plymouth area I might see you around :P

(pics/video soon)
tony.mon

Re: Hey from plymouth!

Post by tony.mon »

Result!

At that price if you don't like it you can get your money back breaking it......

Is it cheap because of the colour? :wink:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Bargian. I got mine for just around the same price. Welcome to the forum.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Serlant :thumbup:
That sounds like a good price.

Chris.
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

couple of pics, keep forgetting to take my decent camera out to get some good pics.
Picking her up
Went for a ride, tried an artsy pic with a spectacular sunset, but my camera phone is pretty limited :(

Edit, I have a gopro Hd so sooner or later there will be a vid up.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome, great value for a grand :thumbup:
AMcQ
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Welcome, and good find. Now break the T-cut out!
:beer:
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

T-cut is no use, had an easy life up to 24k, has the orgional gold honda owners card, reciept for the bike, and all work done up to 24k which is the last service stamp in the book, reciept for the exhaust tyres etc, has 47,000 on it (nearly 400 by me since 21/4/2011) came with dyno charts for the K&n and stage 1 dyno jet kit, was MOt'd in march 2011 and has about 3mm of tread on both tyres(contis any opinions?), whoever got it after the origional owner resprayed it black with everything in situ, covering the mirrors, some of the screen, overspray on the indicators etc. but mechanically sound paint is literally falling off the wheels in big chunks, has a steering damper and has had manual CCT's fitted (2000 miles ago apparently) how do I go about adjusting them?

Sorry for the essay :P
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Search the forum for the manual cct thread, but in a nutshell, if they rattle they're too loose, if they squeal on startup they're too tight. Adjust them too loose, then tighten one flat at a time until they stop rattling.

And don't, whatever you do, jetwash it!
If the PO has just sprayed it in situ, it won't be prepped or keyed, and the paint will flake off pretty quickly anyway, but a jetwash will lift it in strips.

That was why it was cheap.... But with a bit of love, time and attention it'll come up ok, and you can ride it as is for now, and strip it properly in the winter.

Actually I like the satin black, though, given me something to think about :think:
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

Aaaaaand the dyno says...... 102HP at 9000rpm air/fuel is pretty much spot on apart from between 2-4k, Plenty happy with that since its got 47000 on it
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That slight richness between 2-4k is probably worn needles and needle jets with that mileage on, easy to replace them, and with the rest looking ok, I'd replace with the same sizes and settings.

Not bad numbers, turning out to be a real bargain.