NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

General Bike chat
Leewarne

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post by Leewarne »

:sad2
Just got back from my attempt to go to work. Got to the bottom of my road started to open her up a little and she spat me off!!! Lost the rear end on a big drain cover and up and away I went. Gutted as I bloody know the drains there, I drive round it every bloody day :?
Going to need some bits if anyone has any of the following laying around and you could help me out :thumbup:
R/H Driver foot rest and hanger
R/H Mirror
R/H bar end (How easy is this to change as it snapped the screw in the end)

Luck I was only doing about 20 miles per hour or the damage would have been alot worse.

Cheers everyone
Lee
arnie

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post by arnie »

OH no mate , that's bad news. Hope you get some bits pretty quick.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

oopsie daisy :s
shouldnt be difficult parts to get. & thankfully you didnt do more damage ot get hurt... what are your tyres like??
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

FirestormMike wrote:
Right footrests seem to be like hens teeth to get hold of.
i might have one knocking about if you're stuck
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Leewarne

Post by Leewarne »

benny hedges wrote:oopsie daisy :s
shouldnt be difficult parts to get. & thankfully you didnt do more damage ot get hurt... what are your tyres like??
The tyres are new only done 400 miles on them, so I can't even blame them :lol:
My hip hurts but thats all thankfully, oh and my pride :oops: At least the bike is light as there wasn't anyone around at 0615 this morning to help me pick her up :lol:

Just waiting for the mirror and footpeg hanger to arrive, the rest has been done today :D
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

When my bike was pushed over by scroaty chavs in the area I needed stuff for the right side. You'll be wanting to make sure the bar isnt bent rather than the bar end. Simple to replace, just a case of unscrewing everything and replacing.

The hanger will be a problem for 2 reasons. They are rarer than hens teeth on Ebay for some reason. Theres plenty of left hand side's but no right side. Also the hanger itself is held on through the swing arm pin so that means lifting the bike up on a lift and removing the pin. Fine if you have a big enough wobble bar to push the pin out with, thus not dropping the swing arm on the deck, a 2 man job if you dont because someone will have to hold the rear wheel up to replace the swing arm pin.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

benny hedges wrote:
FirestormMike wrote:
Right footrests seem to be like hens teeth to get hold of.
i might have one knocking about if you're stuck
I do have one. Not the hanger tho.

If you need a help getting it all together again then drop me a PM. Should be able to get up and see you. Your only 45 miles up the road.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
daly

Post by daly »

your lucky leewarne that's what happened to me last Saturday when I opened up my vtr to over take a car the rear wheel spun on a manhole cover then griped and spat me of damaging the mirror, indictor , broke the bar and lever, foot rest , faring can ,clutch cover and rear wheel I also hurt my side and thumb went to hospital they x-rayed my thumb and told me it was ok but I got a cal from the hospital on Wednesday to go back they x-rayed my thumb again and it turned out it was broken :(
daly
Leewarne

Post by Leewarne »

daly wrote:your lucky leewarne that's what happened to me last Saturday when I opened up my vtr to over take a car the rear wheel spun on a manhole cover then griped and spat me of damaging the mirror, indictor , broke the bar and lever, foot rest , faring can ,clutch cover and rear wheel I also hurt my side and thumb went to hospital they x-rayed my thumb and told me it was ok but I got a cal from the hospital on Wednesday to go back they x-rayed my thumb again and it turned out it was broken :(
daly

OWCH, hurts I know!!!
Hope you get better soon Daly :thumbup:
send my best wishes to the beast :p and hope it gets better (fixed ) soon.

BLOODY MANHOLE COVERS, ALWAYS IN THE RIDER LINE :Banned: