Midlands Workshop day

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
waggy

Re: Midlands Workshop day

Post by waggy »

Hi, i would love to come over & learn how to replace the cct,s, & meet other vtr owners, as i only live in hollywood birmingham it would be perfect, please let me know what date it is, all the best for now, Malc..... :thumbup:
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

I wanna come to one :( wont be able to get to this one though as I've got a holiday to save for, supposed to be going in Mid May but still not sent off the passport applications....might need to do a run to Peterborough to get it sorted lol :shh:

Dont tell the misses!! :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I am back from USA now and have to get a good look at the family diary to see which Saturday is looking good for me!

as a try out, what is sat 16th april looking like for evryone?

ps Waggy, feel free to join..........but have you really only posted 14 times since you joined in 2005 :)
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

StormShun wrote:Would love to attend but im new here, would it be ok? I have worries about my valve clearances and my skills with tools are ok but lack confidence, April 16 is good for me. My rear linkage may need a greasing too but no idea how to go about that. :D
The more the merrier :thumbup:
AMcQ
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

StormShun wrote:Would love to attend but im new here, would it be ok? I have worries about my valve clearances and my skills with tools are ok but lack confidence, April 16 is good for me. My rear linkage may need a greasing too but no idea how to go about that. :D

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=12310 Just make sure you've got good sockets and ½" allen sockets and a breaker bar.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Nah it was good fun and cheaper to buy the necessary tools than pay someone £40 per hour.

My clutch is still going strong at +50,000 miles, the hydraulic side has needed the most attention (particularly the clutch slave cylinder). If yours has only done 20,000 it should be still as good as new.
StormShun wrote:OMG, it makes me feel sick looking at the "blood bath" there, I think I would just throw it all away if I got to that stage and buy another one....I have to work to my limits or pay someone, nice "footage". While im here.....my clutch must be due for repair soon, 20k on original plates, whats the cost and time etc to either 1- get someone friendly to do it and 2- Pay man in overpaid dealership to do........Thanks.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Have you lot sorted out a date yet?
:beer:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
waggy

Post by waggy »

Hi AMcQ, yes only 14 posts, Sad, but i dont want to wear my welcome out :D only joking, i had a vtr for a short time back then but not for long as someone offered me good money for it so i had to let it go, it was a single sider, looked great, i wish i still had it now, still never mind.... but ive just bought a 2001 storm & i love it, the 16th would be fine for me, just let me know please, all the best, Malc... :thumbup:
steveb

Post by steveb »

Welcome back AMQ, hope you had a good time in the States.

I can't do the 16th - got to be at work in the afternoon, never mind.

I'm sure my valves clearances will wait till another day. It's only got 18k on the clock........ :shifty:

Thank you for offering to do a workshop day - you may not have seen Tony.mon's mention on the MCN website a couple of weeks ago.....

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... vice-club/
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i wont be able to do the 16th either, unless someone wants to give me a backy!
don't ask :oops: :Banned:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

benny hedges wrote:i wont be able to do the 16th either, unless someone wants to give me a backy!
don't ask :oops: :Banned:
OK I wont ask....................nah, I lied...............so what the wombles happend? you blagging with the banned smilie?

and we cant do it without you as you were bringing the valve shim kit :lol:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I have Benny's shim kits, and we've already arranged that I'll post them to you in time for the day, so no probs there.
If Benny can't make it I'll fill in- pick a day and one way or another it'll all come good.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Re: Midlands Workshop day April 16th

Post by AMCQ46 »

Tony, Assume benny has given you the post address for the shims, tell us what the cost is and I will sort it out.
The proposed date is 16th April, and I have 2 confirmed and one who cant make the date.
Would be great if you can join as well..............the workshop day is your franchise! :D

The starting list is:
Clive & Pauline - CCT's
Rob - Head brgs and clutch
Kneewobbler - valve clarance, carb balance, linkage strip & grease, new fork springs and partridge in pear tree
Steveb - valve clearance
Geo - just passing but looking at stealing my enduro bike!
Styler & a mate - dont know what Jobs
Waggy - CCT's
StormShun - lingage

Looks like Steveb cant make it but waggy and Stormshun are ok. lets see how many more sign up before we confirm the date
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

StormShun wrote:Please add valve clearance to the linkage please, thank you for this its most appreciated, what style of whisky do you prefer?
I should say I do this for fun, but if pushed I would have to admit a crime against my home land and admit I drink Jamesons irish whiskey!
AMcQ
waggy

Post by waggy »

Hi AMCQ, im still trying to contact rider on a storm to get a set of ccts, as yet ive had no luck, i will keep trying, all the best, Malc.... :thumbup: