DEDICATED VTR OWNER

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: DEDICATED VTR OWNER

Post by Wicky »

Probably come down to the maintenance day to watch what's going on, and pick up some hints & tips on cold chiseling - good idea to run down together.

As for Wales I'll be in the thick of the cricket season and stumping small children who cross the line (ooerrr!)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You'd be welcome, Wicky, I owe you a beer anyway.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

and I owe you a couple in return (ps picked up your fan so depending if you come up this way [finished the priming of the panel, all ready for finish and laq] or I come down I can bring the fan down)
tony.mon wrote:You'd be welcome, Wicky, I owe you a beer anyway.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tell you what, I have no need for the panel at this moment, still playing with engines etc, then maybe I'll sort the shiny bits!

But if you could bring that fan down when you come I'll stand you a burger as well.
vtrmarkone

Post by vtrmarkone »

11 years this year , bought in 2000 when it was 3 years old and only had 600 miles on the clock £4200.
Now has 18000 miles and all the usual mods ie airbox ,suppresors out from plug caps , wp rear shock ,ohlins fork springs , lowers ,hugger and this year titax levers , they are fab.
Only broke down once when the reg decided to do an impression of a smoke bomb !
And I bent two valves when I did the manual cct's , gutted but fixed it myself with the help of this forum, got the timing 180 degrees out .
Never been serviced by a dealer as I just dont trust anyone to work on my bike , I guess I like to know its done and things are tightened correctly.
Still has standard exhausts with a couple of 10mm holes in the ends , tried loud cans but it didnt sound right to me with the sweet engine and loud exhausts, where as a ducati has that clattering engine it seems to suit a loud can, just my opinion as I know loads of vtr owners love the loud cans .
BEHAVE or i'll beat you like a ginger stepchild !!
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

first bike i had was about 23 years a go a c50 [fark me how long ago]
only had the storm under a year i dont think ill ever change from her
im pretty dedicated to her albeit for a short period of time
i hoping to go to the wales meet so if anyone near ish london want to ride up there in a group ill join in on that
east london/essex [leyton ]
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Darknomad,

Me and jonesy are coming from Essex, could meet somewhere on the m25(yet to discuss)

Have not sorted out the details with tony.Mon yet. If your both going up on Friday afternoon we can arrange to meet at a mutual point.
rmh

Post by rmh »

Bought mine NEW in 1999 as my first big bike (ZZR400 does not count)

Still got it....Orange with loads of black / Carbon bits...That makes 12 years....
No regrets and no breakdowns, passes MOT with flying colours (and Baffles fitted into Scorpions) despite tester pulling faces at the noise EVERY Year.

Damn i bet thats cursed it as its booked in again on Saturday......

Last year I added a KTM 950 Supermoto.... still twin with Carbs but a totally different animal.....
Could not let go of the VTR as it only costs £150 to insure BOTH TPFT

Hell yeah

Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

vtrmarkone wrote: ...Still has standard exhausts with a couple of 10mm holes in the ends , tried loud cans but it didnt sound right to me with the sweet engine and loud exhausts, where as a ducati has that clattering engine it seems to suit a loud can, just my opinion as I know loads of vtr owners love the loud cans .
I experimented with drilling holes in the end of each of my standard cans - started out with a couple of 8mm and finished up with 6 x 12mm holes in each, and I think it's just right now - loud enough but not so loud that they wake the neighbours :D
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bandsawman wrote:
vtrmarkone wrote: ...Still has standard exhausts with a couple of 10mm holes in the ends , tried loud cans but it didnt sound right to me with the sweet engine and loud exhausts, where as a ducati has that clattering engine it seems to suit a loud can, just my opinion as I know loads of vtr owners love the loud cans .
I experimented with drilling holes in the end of each of my standard cans - started out with a couple of 8mm and finished up with 6 x 12mm holes in each, and I think it's just right now - loud enough but not so loud that they wake the neighbours :D
Louder AND lighter- what more can you ask for?
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Mine was my dear departed bro's before me who bought it new in '98 does that count?

Date of first regisratration 18/08/98 got it just in time for the TT that year LOL