Is Summer here?

General Biker Banter
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Is Summer here?

Post by RedStormV »

Hi guys & gals, yes it's me not an apparition, nor have my details been phished.

Gixxer started, fuelled, thraped about a bit and put back in garage for it's owner to wash, clean, lube & polish sometime soon.

(fingers crossed the rozzers didn't really see me!)

Firestorm, started, eventually, fuelled, battery checked & is good. Short run to boost it a bit and put back in the garage for a washing, cleaning, lubing & polishing session on Friday

Console & dash lights sorted in the car.

Car washed and shammied.

Now for some spanner throwing on the SR500 cafe racer project & a lick of paint on the trials bike stand I manufactured last night.

I love days off in nice weather, roll on Friday & Monday!

Catch you's all again real soon now ya here!
benny hedges

Re: Is Summer here?

Post by benny hedges »

RedStormV wrote:
I love days off in nice weather!
me too!!!
this was in bentham today.... i was so surprised i had to take a pic 8O
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome back Graeme :thumbup:
I could hardly believe it was you, but one quick look at your location details confirmed it is :D

It sounds like you've been busy. How are you doing anyway :?:

Chris.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

welcome back m8 nice to see u on the forum again
hope to see you soon
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

It'll be next summer before he comes back to read the replies :roll:
Rich.

RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Benny, Ooooh Bentham - leads to Heysham , leads to IoM ! Nirvana! Not sure it was quite that warm here in Bradistan did you have a space heater blowing on the car or what?

Rich, mainly hibernating, life's tough above the snow line ya know. Been up to all sorts, mainly bike related, trying to keep outa trouble. Working, spanner throwing, bit of the dreaded FB in and amongst.

Mike, a week! damn another week of sleep I've missed! "everywhere & nowhere baby" Oh hang on no, that's a song! had a ride up NY back end of last year, met up with some lads from work from Scunny & Donny area at Fridaythorpe cafe. Went to somewhere who's name escapes me for the minute, but like a cafe in a cave with a tremendous view a short walk away, just North of Malton. Damn my memory I think dimensia is starting! Did a mean chip butty though. Been to Rufforth religiously nearly every month - man is that place getting expensive and sh1t!

Cheers, Pete, will try to pop in more often, honest.

Tim, 'kin bite me! I ain't him, but I do know a planner in Leeds who's the feckin spit mate ah tell thee!

Cupa, you know where ah bin cos you been there too in and amongst. Oh, also, sooooooooooooo proved wrong!

Right, bin workin, bin skint, bin trying to do stuff in and amongst. Puter died big time, got a gizzit replacement which was steam powered, got main puter workin again, didn't last long before it died big time.

Youngest daughter now at Harper Adams University in Shropshire studying to be a vetrinary nurse in and amongst getting blathered. Hence state of my finances.

Did the Manx GP last August, without incident, especially of the blue light variety.

Bought an '86 TY250 mono from a mate on my return, which needed a bit of engine fettling. While engine was out decided frame could do with stripping, blasting & powder coating. Another couple of hundred quid later and the cheap trials I bought for youngest to learn on something bigger than grandsons TY80, became an almost full restoration job. She's great though and have fun as often as I can down at my mates farm. Junior hasn't thrown a leg over yet, but hopefully she will in Summer.

Bought a couple of GN250's (yes ape hanger type bars Ha Ha Ha!!!!) off an old guy who'd decided his biking days were over. H & J reg, both seen better days, but run and at least one through its MOT. The intent was moving them on and making a modest profit. Well back end of year came and Dominator still sat at my mates waiting for parts & re-build (I know I know!) so put one of the GNs though test, taxed it & added it to my insuarnce. It's been my Winter bike for work and got quite used to it - certainly won't win any races or beauty competitions but does what I intended it to do. I'm thinking it may be kept now and sell the other one on. Take it off road through Summer, give it a bit of TLC and then try killing it again next Winter.

Pretty sure (without doing a search for my old posts) I told you guys my mate Simon had finally drunk himself to death last Easter Saturday (April 3rd 2010). I inherited his hydraulic bench, parts washer and the SR500 he'd intended to turn into a cafe racer. Finally started to do something with it last week. Set the bench up in one of my mates barns a while ago for the GNs- so it's now slowly developing into a bike workshop.
My mate pulled the SR in bits, totally! He got a different bottom end as the original was toast, ported it, bought some clip ons that were too big for the forks, bought a fibreglass fairing meant for a Honda CB72 - which strangely looks quite good and follows the lines of the tank quite nicely. Then spent too much time in a bottle instead of framing himself and getting on with the SR.
In and amonst there's a few bits gone missing as it was a complete bike when he got it! I got a rolling chassis, a large plastic box and an old suitcase with bits in. Up to press it's cost me £12 for stainless engine bolts to hold it in the frame. Need to get the engine running to see if it's worth bothering with or not. If the lump's no good then the lot might as well go for bits. If it runs OK then I'll start modifying the frame and throwing money at it to get it something like he intended it to be. Once finished, it'll be going to the Manx GP but probably not this year aqnd then who knows what, might sell it or keep it, only time will tell.

So, up to my usual verbose standards guys, there's my update. No doubt there's loads of other stuff I've missed out but what the heck.

Cheers for now.

G

Oh, BTW - K&N still works fine and Rossi is a living GOD!

The Duc will come good, I'm sure it will.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Graeme, no wonder you've not been on here much, you've been too busy :thumbup:

Chris.