4 Track days in Spain .

General Bike chat
woodworm19

4 Track days in Spain .

Post by woodworm19 »

Well got back from Almeria early hours of Monday morning after 4 days on track , I have to say it was an experience I’ll never forget . The weather was fantastic clear skies for the most part and top temperatures of 30 c . The track Is situated quite high up in the mountains and snow capped peaks lye in the background . We estimate that there was 100 bikes there split into 3 groups , novice , intermediate and fast group . Being relatively new to track days we joined the novice group my good friend Kev or bib-fat-bloke-71 as he is known on an old vfr 800 and myself on my storm . And we stood out like sore thumbs ! The standard of race bikes and riders there was almost intimidating , but we got no end of support ,friendly help and admiration for what we had and how we rode .
I’ve had the storm to cadwell park last year so I had a bit of an insight into what was install , but by Christ were there some fast riders , some not so fast as well though . Tuition was available ( at cost ) from the likes of Neil Hodgeson and Simon Crafar , and a few drinks were shared with them on an evening .
My storm as always made one or two people sit up and take notice and with a set of Maxxis Sport tyres on it allowed me to scrape my pegs and boot on a number of corners . We certainly didn’t rank among the fastest but we weren’t the slowest either , the point is it was great fun and I would recommend it to any one . :Rock2:

A bird in the hand shits on you’re wrist !

woodworm19

Re: 4 Track days in Spain .

Post by woodworm19 »

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: from me too, that sounds fantastic 8)

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

And the best bit?
Checking the weather reports back in the UK :lol: :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
woodworm19

Post by woodworm19 »

Yep ! Mid day in Spain the day we left was round about 26c got back to Newcastle 1.30 in the morning to a stunning 2c . Got to love the British weather !
It was by no means a cheap holiday but with the time on track , the crack and nights out with the lads , the Spanish weather and the accommodation ( 5 star hotel ) it felt like we had three times our moneys worth .
Anyone thinking of a bachelor do or a 40th birthday, anything like that, get some friends together and go for it. You won’t regret a second of it ( unless you come off ! )
:thumbup:

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Dunno if I like the rows of vegetation in the gravel traps..........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

hi woodworm,

the maxxis you got on, are they any good when its raining????? was thinkin about a pair for my storm lol

ed
woodworm19

Post by woodworm19 »

First time i've hade them on and only don the track days with them so don't know :Shrug: Still to find that out for my self !!! But what i wil say is they lasted far longer than i expected . Thaught I'd only get two days on track out of them , but got four days and still got a good amount of meat left on them . They are just right for the Storm ! By the time you reach the edge of the tyre your'e scrapeing your'e pegs , and with 100hp the tyre copes nicely . Had Avon storms on it up till now but won't be swaping back !!!!! Hope this helps .....a bit ! :thumbup:

blacknek

Post by blacknek »

thats great, timbo and woodworm thanks a lot coz its alot cheaper then bridgestone and the rest,... a pair £128 for maxxis sport.... :Eyebrows:

ed
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

woodworm19 wrote:
Wow! There's a lot of hair loss going on there :eek2 :silent: :beer:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!