Had a ride today, bit nippy tho :0)

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Anotherbikerbabe

Had a ride today, bit nippy tho :0)

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

We got up and that thing we used to know as the 'sun' was actually poking its head out of cloud! After what feels like 8 months of winter :cry: , we thought we'd just take a ride out to Gretna to get my tyres scrubbed a bit as brand new not out yet. Took it relatively easy (ish) :biggrin and headed the back roads to Gretna. Had a coffee and walk around the Gateway and headed back..
Had the good sense to do a spot of housework and pop a roasting joint in oven before leaving. :angel: Got back cold but felt much better for it and although it was meant to be around 5-6c, it felt a bit colder due to wind chill. Has anyone else been out lately? We only managed 70 miles but at least tyres have had a rub.. :thumbup:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
harrier

Re: Had a ride today, bit nippy tho :0)

Post by harrier »

Hi

Took the bike out this morning (did not do any housework first) Yes it did feel an awful lot colder than expected. Also first time out on new Tyres (Pirelli Angels, Was going to ask on the forum re recommendations but most riders seem to favour sports orientated tyres so worried i had done wrong but the pirellis seem O.K.) The cafes (i stopped a few times, it was cold) were all packed. more bikers out and about than i have seen for a good while. Hope 2011 is a good biking year for all.

Cheers
Trevor
(parcel arrived yesterday so again many thanks)
elric

Post by elric »

Been riding all through winter :( to and from work.

Went out for a short journey today and so neglected my long johns and leather jeans, blinking heck my inside thighs were cold :lol:
It's only easy if you know the answer!
Anotherbikerbabe

harrier wrote:Hi

Took the bike out this morning (did not do any housework first) Yes it did feel an awful lot colder than expected. Also first time out on new Tyres (Pirelli Angels, Was going to ask on the forum re recommendations but most riders seem to favour sports orientated tyres so worried i had done wrong but the pirellis seem O.K.) The cafes (i stopped a few times, it was cold) were all packed. more bikers out and about than i have seen for a good while. Hope 2011 is a good biking year for all.

Cheers
Trevor
(parcel arrived yesterday so again many thanks)
Glad it arrived ok, you should be able to work with the diagram no bother :-) I also have Pirelli tyres and my bike loves them. It's the 3rd set I've put on it and I suppose it is what you get used to but great grip and great in the wet too :-)
LOL@Elric....My butt was frozen and back of legs cold as only had my draggin jeans on lol....Should have really just wrapped up with layers but didn't think it was that cold..
elric

Post by elric »

My cold was more from the tank. I have to grip the tank to keep that point of contact else I will slide forward and have a different point of contact which i don't fancy one bit. :eek2
Has no one designed a seat with a raised front, or perhaps heated tank grips?
It's only easy if you know the answer!
Anotherbikerbabe

elric wrote:My cold was more from the tank. I have to grip the tank to keep that point of contact else I will slide forward and have a different point of contact which i don't fancy one bit. :eek2
Has no one designed a seat with a raised front, or perhaps heated tank grips?
I've got a custom made seat on the bike as previously linked to in another post somewhere, but mine has no slip as got that basket weave type surface..Saying that, not being on the bike for a good long while, I was actually aching later on lol..